Container competition

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In talking with a few people at the National Arboretum during the Potomac Bonsai Society's show this weekend I heard the Arb. will be sponsoring a bonsai pot competition in 2013 (I think). The competition hasn't been formally announced yet, but it is well ahead in the planning stages.

The Arb. sponsored a similar competition a few years ago and drew a pretty good number of entries from professional potters. The group included bonai potters and non-bonsai potters.

The people I talked with said the upcoming competition should be even better because the number of potters interested in bonsai pots, or making them professionally, has grown substantially in the last few years.

The pots that won in the last competition were added to the Arb's substantial collection and are actually used at the facility.

I think those interested can contact Jack Sustic, curator of the bonsai collection.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wonder how many of them will be "same ole, seen it over and over again, craggy glazed, wheel thrown round pots.

Is anyone making high quality hand made rectangle pots?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There will probably be a few--that's OK. There are a number of very good US bonsai potters making rectangles...but, you're right there is an overabundance of "unique" wheel thrown rounds...

Top Bottom