Cool things you didn't know about the site software...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Kinda like a FAQ in reverse. Did you know:

(1) You can click on a user's name in any thread to be taken to a small member profile. In that profile, if you click on their "messages" number, it will show you all of their recent posts. You can also click on the "media" number to see their photos. You can click on your own name and do the same thing, if you want an easy way to see all your recent posts.

(2) Another way to do the same thing is to click on the number of messages under anyone's user name/avatar. You will be taken to a page with all of their posts. (You can do the same thing to your own profile)

(3) If you click on someone's location in their profile, a Google map will pop up showing the location - whether it is a city, county, state or country.

(4) If you use the "@" indicator along with someone's name in a post, that person will receive a notice that they were mentioned in a thread, and they can quickly link to the content.

(5) If you want to quote part of someone's post in a reply, simply highlight the text you want to quote. A drop down tag will pop up giving you the option to "reply" to only that text. You can do this several times during a reply - highlighting text from one post, then another, and another, and you will get several text references in your reply so that you can refer to quotes from several different sources.

(6) Though you can't delete a thread, you can edit it for up to 20 minutes after you create it.

(7) "Conversations" are the same thing as Private Messages - though you can create conversations with more than one member at the same time. This is a good way to create your own private thread with only limited participants, all of whom can see and reply to all members of the same conversation.

(8) If you mouse over the title of any thread and wait two seconds, a preview of that thread will open up in a pop-up window.

I will add to this when I find other cool features...

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
) If you click on someone's location in their profile, a Google map will pop up showing the location - whether it is a city, county, state or country

That's cool....

I was thinking the other day...

It would be nice to have a map...
That you can find members on, and quickly know who is in your climate.

Sometimes the "reply" doesn't come up, depends how greasy your fingers are!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@bossnut

wanted to upload a picture, but don't know what happened, I have been receiving the notification - the uploaded file was not a image as expected... - for a week.

This and the ghost Dav4 pics have me wondering if it isn't us....

QuickMemo+_2017-03-11-11-24-56.png

Small but May be worth an investigation.

Sorce

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks Sorce. It doesn't matter if a picture was taken by phone or camera, trying to post as before doesn't work .

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
you can press the little arrow to get it to scroll to the next series of numbers.
arrow.PNG

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pretty sure something is up.

Sorce
Please, disregard this problem, probably caused by Dolphin browser update. I've installed Chrome for uploading pictures, it works.

(Will wait till Dolphin is OK again, I love it for a bookmark organizing and many more things...)

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Been on here over a year, just figured out you can click the post number of any post in any thread and it'll give you a direct link to it, so that when you use it, it goes to that page and that post.

I knew there was a way to direct link to a post but never worked it out. That's awesome when talking in PM and referencing something, or referencing a post where there are pics, that way, don't have to find the pics or upload again!

Top Bottom