Cork bark elms

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
Here are two of my other Cork bark elms. Worked on them a bit last weekend and cut them back again to start working on ramification.

Attachments

• DSC_0793.JPG
    DSC_0793.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0796.JPG
    DSC_0796.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 274

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
going to work on mine in about a week...air layers galore to get a corky forest ;) as I turn my pre bonsai into bonsai

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice Jeff, they do go fast from the starting block in the spring don't they. I love love love the pot too.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
I like his namako glaze. I was surprised how thin it was in person, but it sure looks rich.
This is a definately a special pot that gets lots of comments. I purchased three pots and when the box came it was damaged and I could hear that there was a broken pot inside. I was praying that it was not this one and was fortunate to find that when I opened the box that it was a pot that was easier to replace and not this one.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are two of my other Cork bark elms. Worked on them a bit last weekend and cut them back again to start working on ramification.
Nice trees and pots. I only have one cork bark elm.....and it's in the ground growing wild at this time. I'm watching your work to learn.......

Random User

Reaction score
Didn't get much color on my trees this year except from green to brown however this one gave me some yellows with a bit of red mixed in.

If I could double or triple like a tree I would. Those yellows are about that we'd expect from American elms here... I too like that pot.

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
You seem to be facing the same challenge I have with mine - keeping moss off the bark.
It is a constant battle and I use tweezers a few times each year to pick it off. Need to try a diluted vinegar mix to see if that can keep it under control.

Reaction score
i have the same problem. Tweezers, vinegar or tree bark cleaner. Don't know if the last one is available for you? The problem is in summer i don't see my trunk and i forget to spray preventive.

Top Bottom