Cork Oak bonsai?

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Lately I've been interested in Cork oak bonsai after seeing how dense their foliage is and their corky bark.

Just wondering where I could find some good examples in southern California?

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Books and the internet. Fire up that Google search.
You could call around to the bonsai nurseries in the area. Also get connected with the bonsai clubs in California.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Believe there are nurseries in CA that have these for Bonsai. Also if not repotting at same time can be cut back very hard and will branch out anew. Several have these including self in Bonsai collections and posts here. Try search function on here and internet for stock;).

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Check the GSBF collection at the Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. I’m not sure how many they have or if they are currently displayed. But Bonsai-a-thon is in a month and you can get a behind the scenes tour.

http://www.gsbfhuntington.com/gallery.html#PhotoSwipe1517207649662

https://capitalbonsai.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/165.jpg

Plus contact Barry at Legacy Cork Oaks on the facebook. He had a booth at Bonsai-a-thon last year.

I am going to the Bonsai-a-thon,

I'll make sure to check it out.

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Did you end up finding any cork oaks at the bonsai a thon Joseph? Here is a pic of one of mine and I know a nursery that has some nursery stock for selection, hit me up.
IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2818.JPG

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lately I've been interested in Cork oak bonsai after seeing how dense their foliage is and their corky bark.

Just wondering where I could find some good examples in southern California?
Why don’t you get acorns to grow them for bonsai? I had been collecting acorns for few years . The San Gabriel nursery used to have a lot of cork oak prebonsai with good price, You may check with them to see if they still have it .
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom