CorkBark Elm

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Here is a nice little corkbark that I picked up from Brent Walston at Evergreen Garden works. I don't have pictures of when I first got it, but after a few years you can see in the black flat and then the other day after styling and potting.

My blog has more photos of the repotting and roots, excellent nebari btw.
DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice. I love corkbark elms. Thanks for sharing.

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It's fairly stout. I like this tree and was able to watch it get it's hair cut. It's gonna be a winner soon.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Very nice Jason. Do you have a pic with something to compare size?
Mary B.

Hi Mary,

Sorry I didn't put the size on there....at the soil line it has a 7 inch trunk and from the top of the table it is 16 inches tall, 14 from top of pot. Like a teapot, short and stout... :)

Very nice. I love corkbark elms. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ryan, glad you liked it.

Jason

Jay Wilson

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi Mary,

Sorry I didn't put the size on there....at the soil line it has a 7 inch trunk and from the top of the table it is 16 inches tall, 14 from top of pot.

Jason

It looks much smaller to me in the pic. I'm suprised! Very nice.

mapleman77

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Does this qualify as what Brent says to be one of his "monster" elms? I think that it does. ;)

In any case, excellent material (of course!) good styling. Are there pictures of this sumo in leaf?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think it's ugly. All that warty bark on that twisty gnarly trunk...Jeez, it's a beast. I think you should get rid of it...I'll send my street address along so you can mail it to me. D:D:D

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Does this qualify as what Brent says to be one of his "monster" elms? I think that it does. ;)

In any case, excellent material (of course!) good styling. Are there pictures of this sumo in leaf?

I haven't been to Brents yet so I don't know if I would classify this as monster.... but yeah, its a nice tree and he did a great job deveolping the trunk. I don't have pics of it in leaf because it is overgrown right now.....I haven't trimmed any of this years growth yet and it looks like a big ball of green.

I think it's ugly. All that warty bark on that twisty gnarly trunk...Jeez, it's a beast. I think you should get rid of it...I'll send my street address along so you can mail it to me. D:D:D

Its soooo ugly that I just couldn't bring myself to adding that much ugly to your neck of the woods. That would be like introducing a destructive critter... :D

Great tree Jason!!!

Thanks Paul!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Its soooo ugly that I just couldn't bring myself to adding that much ugly to your neck of the woods. That would be like introducing a destructive critter..."

That's OK. I live in a pretty ugly place--D.C. metro area. No one will notice a little more.:D

I'm kicking myself if this is one of Brent's "big trees." I had a chance at one a while back. Didn't have the money at the time, even though it was pretty reasonably priced.

Top Bottom