Cost/Price of a bonsai

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
All I can say is WOW! Still the same wife? What your secret?
She cant say anything about my spending because I take care of everything and she gets to keep whatever she makes lol. She enjoys the boat a lot too because we overnight on it a lot so it’s like a mini vacation for us every week.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
All I can say is WOW! Still the same wife? What your secret?
It is all in the overnight @namnhi
She cant say anything about my spending because I take care of everything and she gets to keep whatever she makes lol. She enjoys the boat a lot too because we overnight on it a lot so it’s like a mini vacation for us every week.
For the last 20 years, I have been trying to get my wife to agree for me to build a 50ft cruiser for inland and shoreline cruising. It's has always been a hard no.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A

For the last 20 years, I have been trying to get my wife to agree for me to build a 50ft cruiser for inland and shoreline cruising. It's has always been a hard no.
50 ft cruiser ….That’s huge !!!

Last edited:

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

50ft seems like a pretty big boat Uncle. Maybe Co^ will let you build one if you ask for a 30ft. Once the agreement is in place.... you can go a bit bigger? Isn't that how most of the projects work?

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
50ft seems like a pretty big boat Uncle. Maybe Co^ will let you build one if you ask for a 30ft. Once the agreement is in place.... you can go a bit bigger? Isn't that how most of the projects work?
I was going to build it at my old lake house and slide it right down into the water once the hull and rough cabin work was done. Now if I want to build it, it will have to be done at one of my brothers' houses on the water. That complicates things quite a bit but still doable. My brothers want me to build the boat as well. Years ago I built a shrimp boat about that size. We all want to repeat that build but with design changes for higher cruising speed and much better accommodation/creature comfort. None of us want to do ocean cruising so it will be a shallow draft for inland water cruising in the water byways and near shore cruising in the Gulf of Mexico.

The design of the boat has been in my mind for a long time. About the only change I can think of lately is the place to put some of my bonsai trees.

Top Bottom