Cotoneaster progression

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Can I ask how often you water your cotoneaster and what sort of soil mix you keep it in? I'm struggling to keep mine alive, so I'm looking for advice from those who've clearly been successful. ;)

Stevebonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
Can I ask how often you water your cotoneaster and what sort of soil mix you keep it in? I'm struggling to keep mine alive, so I'm looking for advice from those who've clearly been successful. ;)
Yes no problem ๐Ÿ˜Š
I use pumice for this tree... during the summer I water it eveey day but now that autumn is arrived it depends...๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Lovely fall color. Pairs nicely with the pot color.

Another one of mine bit the dust this week. That's three this year alone. I think I shall just have to admire other people's cotoneasters from afar. Like yours! :)

mitchelljh

Seed
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone... today I show you this tree that I bought in 2016 in a garden center near my home. In the first photo you can see the tree after the purchase.
In the second photo the tree last autumn. In spring when the buds start growing I will change the pot :):)
Thanks for sharing, like you I bought a cottoneaster at Lowes last October for $1.00 (literally). Been trying to determine course of development, your photos light the way. Best regards

Wonker

Seed
Reaction score
Absolutely loved reading this. I bought a cotoneaster from a garden centre yesterday and I donโ€™t know where to start! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I donโ€™t think the trunk on mine is as thick as yours in 2016 so Iโ€™m undecided if I should stick it in the ground for a couple of years, prune it hard or just leave it grow. Etc etc. ๐Ÿ˜ŠIMG_0811.jpegIMG_0803.jpeg

Top Bottom