Could Daconil do this, if not, then what?

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Here are some pics from the Arcto scrapbook of boo boos. Western Larch, quite hardy here. These all came from a Bend source 500+ feet lower in elevation. 2 nights in the low 20s caused this.image.jpg Here is another one, same exposure.image.jpg Difference is the second was brought here last fall and could reset its seasonal clock. The first had already charged out of dormancy in Bend. Another. image.jpg That one was lying on the ground next to the house during the freezes. Not hit as hard. Here is an Engelmann, just starting to come out when freezes hit. No apparent damage.image.jpg Freezes can be pretty fickle. Timing and microclimates really play a big role.

YukiShiro

Chumono
Reaction score
Hennops River Valley,Gauteng,South Africa
USDA Zone
8b
View attachment 104700 View attachment 104699
Grime, I will look into the rose and flower granular. The tiny spruce actually stays too wet, if anything. It's deceiving due to inorganic substrate on and around a bunch of mountain soil. Was due for a repot, but too many others were ahead of it this year. I've got 200+ happy, healthy plants and not too concerned about the tiny one, but the other (bigger) one is a rather valuable tree, so a bit of concern there, but it has a hundred good buds popping. I'll attach another photo or two from today. Thanks a bunch for your input and thoughts, I appreciate it.
What a lovely tree!!!!

zone envy much :oops:

base797

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does this help confirm or deny any theories? This challenging pic was taken with a microscope of a partial needle from one of the buds in question. Stomata seam normal to me, but haven't viewed a whole lotta stomata before. image.jpeg image.jpeg

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I've been told that Daconil is phytotoxic since it was re-formulated to be rain-fast, meaning it will persist longer before being washed off. Looking at the product information, this ingredient is a surfactant.

base797

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been told that Daconil is phytotoxic since it was re-formulated to be rain-fast, meaning it will persist longer before being washed off. Looking at the product information, this ingredient is a surfactant.
So, you're thinking that the Daconil is the likely culprit?

Top Bottom