Couldn't stand by any longer, had to do something about this juniper

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
Thanks John. That's how it kind of started a year and a half ago. 2 trees got fungal diseases. Meanwhile, there was the usual scale on a couple and some just started to get stressed. That started the ball rolling. It took a whole season to get rid of the fungus, now this year, mites. First time I have ever seen mite damage on my trees in 15 years.

Basically, I am going to have to check trees at least twice a week and spray continuously from April to October. This is the only way I think that continuing bonsai in this area will be possible. I do hope that one day, maybe these problems will run their course.

Rob

Thank you for this post...There is lot to learn and assimilate. I would like to know also how is this juni...it is a nice one.
Are you aware of the fact that You can transfer mites by contact...they can get attaches to your clothing...and get transferred to your home from an infected place.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi Kennedy and Neli. Thank you for asking. The tree is doing well. I haven't done anything to it, just water and fertilizer. I probably won't do anything to it this season either. It still has the issue that many junipers, including some of mine have. That being the bottom branches tend to be weak. What's worse is when they lose those branches. I will try to post a new pic of the tree soon.:D

Rob

Top Bottom