Crack The whip

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
It looks like you twisted the opposite direction need to righten the wires. Twist the correct direction, and the wire will tighten down and help

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wired right or not….I don’t know. But if you take it apart now to wire it differently I’m confident you’re likely to crack something. If it’s the shape you want….leave it alone. Don’t mess with it. Let it be.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Wired right or not….I don’t know. But if you take it apart now to wire it differently I’m confident you’re likely to crack something. If it’s the shape you want….leave it alone. Don’t mess with it. Let it be.
I agree, don’t take the wire off but study it and progress for the next one.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
Cool ! I’m doing something similar to my Kishu junipers ! I have about 6 right now that I did this month and I’m probably gonna get 7+ more !

Attachments

• 2CED4010-58DC-486A-8842-3A125F6AFAAD.jpeg
    2CED4010-58DC-486A-8842-3A125F6AFAAD.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 42
  • 1A5C27CC-0107-4311-B6B4-2A34D3EB7394.jpeg
    1A5C27CC-0107-4311-B6B4-2A34D3EB7394.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 790A9A31-5AA7-49EB-B130-C3FCA3EE93B4.jpeg
    790A9A31-5AA7-49EB-B130-C3FCA3EE93B4.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 44

Theo Smith

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Ah, I see. I agree, shouldn’t risk re-bending. Desired shape is attained and there may be an unintended benefit of mitigating wire bite.

Also, I think we all can agree that crack should be whipped. That crack is bad stuff.

Edit: That’s a reference from South Park. It’s a television show. Not sure if they allow that stuff in TN 🪕 🧐🤣🌞

Last edited:

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
the vascular tissue (vc) needs to heal, multiple rebends (sp.?) of xylem and phloem can pinch or break one or the other too severely. a significant bend can even damage the VC to where it may never completely heal in one area or side though the branch still lives

I have done this more than once. Wire, create successful bend (s), rethink go back rebend kill branch or in this case trunk.

the vc is a ring of a network of tiny vascular tubes under the bark, xylem is water and nutrients up and phloem sugar from leaves and other jazz down, two elevators. too many breaks in these tiny vascular tubes and off the rails.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ah, I see. I agree, shouldn’t risk re-bending. Desired shape is attained and there may be an unintended benefit of mitigating wire bite.

Also, I think we all can agree that crack should be whipped. That crack is bad stuff.

Edit: That’s a reference from South Park. It’s a television show. Not sure if they allow that stuff in TN 🪕 🧐🤣🌞
smack that crack!

TN is in so too many ways, a fucking embarrassment. If you can literally get away from that, is an absolutely beautiful place

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Banned everywhere🙈🙊🙉Foul garbage south park!

Last edited:

Theo Smith

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
smack that crack!

TN is in so too many ways, a fucking embarrassment. If you can literally get away from that, is an absolutely beautiful place
I agree, it is a beautiful place. I spent some time there as a kid, I had a blast camping. Fond memories.

Top Bottom