Craft Beers

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm a beer snob. While I can down my fair share of Miller Lite over a football game or barbecue, I'd much rather enjoy the subtleties of finer craft beers at a leisurely pace. Especially when working on trees. Anyways, my local shop, Total Wine, recently starting carrying this: (attached)

Given the circumstances, wouldn't you at least give it a shot?

Cheers, Nuts.

-B

Attachments

• 2014-01-10 13.46.28.jpg
    2014-01-10 13.46.28.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 33

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I cant handle hoppy brews. I drink scotch. But I might buy it for my son (also a micro brew guy) and keep the box!

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If it's cold and wet I'll drink it.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I drink beer daily and have been since 14 or so. Back in the big industrial days people often had beer at work as well. An occasional Brandy or mixer but lost my taste for all that other stuff 30 years ago. Kind of odd because my wife never drinks beer and I do 95 percent of the cooking. When she cooks though she will often stop and get some rather expensive imports(up to 15 dollars a bottle) and make stew, chili, and breads with them. The only craft beer I have ever drank was called Raging Bitch as best I can remember...

Grimmy

Last edited:

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The only craft beer I have ever drank was called Raging Bitch as best I can remember...

Grimmy
wait for it...someone will undoubtedly insert a wife joke here. I almost did, but neither of us drinks beer, and we just celebrated our 38th anniversary. No way am I going there!

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
wait for it...someone will undoubtedly insert a wife joke here. I almost did, but neither of us drinks beer, and we just celebrated our 38th anniversary. No way am I going there!

No doubt, lol. Friends that stay with us every year for Thanksgiving brought it because they just thought it was damn funny. Me and the Wife have been together a long time and we just plain never have argued ever. My Dad told me a long time ago "Do you want to be right or happy?"

Grimmy

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can suffer through any ice cold beer, ice cold being the key ! I prefer to drink whiskey though. Beer is just so filling its like eating a meal to me, if I have 5-6 I feel bloated and sleepy. If I have 5-6 shots of whiskey I feel buzzed.

ed

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like to sample a 6 pack of the exotic beers, ales, and the like whenever I go to World Market. I guess domestically, my favorite by far is Blue Moon.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I drink Spaten Oktoberfest whenever I can get it. They actually started importing it year-round now and it is not just seasonal.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I haven't had a Bud, miller or any of the beers of that genre for years...I like beers with flavor:D. There's always a Sam Adams or Sweetwater IPA in the fridge. Currently sipping on a Blue Moon Blackberry Tart Ale while watching football. When I'm not drinking beer, I'm sipping on Bourbon.....or scotch.....or gin or vodka or tequila...or a good red wine:cool:.

...and fwiw, I would definitely try that crooked tree...as if there was any doubt:)

MiteyF

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Super hoppy IPA's are my absolute favorite... was drinking Hopslam last night watching the football game. The more hoppy and bitter the better. YUM!

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Super hoppy IPA's are my absolute favorite... was drinking Hopslam last night watching the football game. The more hoppy and bitter the better. YUM!
glad...you..like that ... stuff....Just not...my cup..of...TEA

Attachments

• sickemot.jpg
    sickemot.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My wife made beer chili for me yesterday with Guinness Stout, was darn nice on a cold day watching the games and sipping beers. She drank her VSOP as she will cook and back with beer but won't drink it :confused:

Grimmy

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
...and I bet it won't taste as good as the 10 year old Macallan I have in the cubbard...:cool:
I googled the best scotch list. The swill I normally drink is a blend I was introduced to while in South Wales a while back. After that I like 12/15/18/21 yr Glenfiddich, and none of those even made the list, and they went all the way down to "I wouldnt use that to wash a paint brush". There were some on the list that made good marks that I have had and didnt like, so it might be something with my faulty tastebuds. :confused:

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If I have Scotch at all it is always Black and White Scotch. Not over the top in price and a smooth ride.

Grimmy

MiteyF

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for a bottle of scotch! Tried it every way you can have it, rocks, mixed just cant handle the taste. Canadian or Irish whisky for me.

I'm not much of a scotch guy either. One of my old roomies loved it, and I'd always try some. As it turns out, I had expensive taste. It seemed the only stuff I could drink was $50+ a bottle, after which point it was fairly enjoyable, especially if it wasn't your first drink of the night. However, I'll take a good IPA or stout over a scotch any day of the week. Maybe I just have a cheap palate... which is fine by me!

As a matter of fact, my fiance and I just got a new puppy about a week ago. We named her Oatmeal Stout :D

Top Bottom