Crataegus oxycantha 'nana'

Empress

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Entering into the world of bonsai from the very beginning. I bought my very first bonsai starter at a nursery that specializes in selling selling bonsai starters.
It is already very small making the miniaturization process much easier. But I find finding the form and making it work is very difficult for me right now. I trimmed off some dead branches and now am just waiting for inspiration to hit. Of course, as I wait I am excitedly searching the WWW for any information and beginning bonsai advice.
And here I am!

Also just bought an already started bonsai just for my own edification. I tend to learn better by watching and observing. Though I don't know what I could learn from watching one growing. I really just need to walk with someone who is already well versed in this world... Someday. Until then I have the library as soon as I get off my lazy butt to get there.

gergwebber

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you want us to give advice on this tree, then we need to see pics and hear a little more about your growing situation than located in socal.

however nearly everything you could possibly want to post about/on is already here so just go post digging:)

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It sounds like you're going to want to find a bonsai club to join. Best way to have someone "walk with you"

Empress

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I knew I forgot to do something. Ha ha! Here are some picture of my oxycantha. And a picture of my Elm.

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg