Crataegus X ???

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Awesome! Can we get a closer look at the pot David?
This series is cone 10 oxidation. The clay body is about 50% coarse grog. Very stabile. The pot was made a little deeper on the left side to help hide an ugly lateral root.

Attachments

• IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 81

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just letting the fruit get nice and red! I take a more sculptural approach to display rather than the traditional narrative.
Once again, I have to say that I love your display from top to bottom. You have a distinctive style as an artist. The base of the tree is really interesting; a great find. Despite the reverse taper in the main trunk, you have done a good job hiding it with foliage. I'm very interested in your pots.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Once again, I have to say that I love your display from top to bottom. You have a distinctive style as an artist. The base of the tree is really interesting; a great find. Despite the reverse taper in the main trunk, you have done a good job hiding it with foliage. I'm very interested in your pots.
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/pots-for-sale.29516/ I haven't updated it lately

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
Really nice work developing the tree. I have mixed emotions on the pot and would like to see it in a shallow oval either complimenting the flowers or the berries.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Really nice work developing the tree. I have mixed emotions on the pot and would like to see it in a shallow oval either complimenting the flowers or the berries.
. Thanks bananaman! I’m just trying to add to the menu. I tend to be a bit of a contrarian on pots and display.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
Thats OK. Everyone has an opinion. Stick to your ideals, no matter what. Then it's all yours..right.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thats OK. Everyone has an opinion. Stick to your ideals, no matter what. Then it's all yours..right.
After all I’m the one that’s got to look at it every day ?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I love the tree!
What is it looking like now?
Thanks! It's doing fine. I brought the silhouette in a bit but it looks pretty much the same. The haws are just starting to get a blush of red.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Er...

I don't like the pot at all...

This beautiful tree would look so much better in another pot.

Top Bottom