Crep myrtle not pushing

TuckerBesosa

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi everyone, a couple months ago I got a crepe myrtle in Florida ( I'm in North Carolina). All my other decadent trees have already have their leaves, and the crepe myrtle in my yard has leaves. Just wondering if anyone can help.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's pretty common for container crapes to wake up late, especially if they've had a weird winter.

I've had some not wake up til mid June. Mine woke up around the 1st of this month, that is pretty early for my area. The usually time for me is late April to early May.

Have you tried scratching branches to check for green yet?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
One of mine in pots is showing buds. The ones in the landscape are still napping. They are always the last thing in the garden to wake up, and it's been in the 30's in the morning this week.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi everyone, a couple months ago I got a crepe myrtle in Florida ( I'm in North Carolina). All my other decadent trees have already have their leaves, and the crepe myrtle in my yard has leaves. Just wondering if anyone can help.
It is common for plants to take a while to adjust to new climatic zones! If worried you can check for pliability and green. Otherwise I would just wait.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Crepe myrtles are also like the most indestructible species, so I'd be surprised if it just up and died.

TuckerBesosa

Seedling
Reaction score
Yes I have it is all green underneath. I'm just worried about bringing it from such a warm climate to a colder one

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought you were supposed to pucker for besos?😘

Sorce

Top Bottom