Critters in the Garden

Haines' Trees

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Walked outside tonight after work to check on all the trees and since it’s been crazy hot. Noticed this little guy!
563BE7C9-CE0C-4B0D-9E88-D9E776AB0C27.jpeg
Just a little toad hanging out amongst my JBP seedlings! Probably liked the moisture. I get little guests all the time (not the kind we kill; well those too, but I’m less excited when those are around). Always interesting when I find something. A few weeks ago I saw two leopard frogs hanging around which was cool! Pretty sure they’re endangered or at least threatened. Should snap a pic next time I see one.

Anyone else ever get interesting visitors?

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a little gray tree frog that hangs out on my benches. One day earlier in the year I found him nestled down in the soil of one of my trees - just his little head poking out lol. I haven’t seen him for a while. I hope he’s well 🤔

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a little gray tree frog that hangs out on my benches. One day earlier in the year I found him nestled down in the soil of one of my trees - just his little head poking out lol. I haven’t seen him for a while. I hope he’s well 🤔

That past two years we've had tree frogs in our kitchen in the fall! They come in when I bring the banana tree in for the winter. It's an interesting start yo the day waking up to a frog crawling around on your ceiling!!

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That past two years we've had tree frogs in our kitchen in the fall! They come in when I bring the banana tree in for the winter. It's an interesting start yo the day waking up to a frog crawling around on your ceiling!!
Lol for sure! Or END the day! We were headed to bed one day and my girlfriend was like “what the hell is that on the wall?!” The window was cracked so he made himself at home on our wall.56E86ED3-3DA4-4C0D-840C-C636367A5057.jpeg

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol for sure! Or END the day! We were headed to bed one day and my girlfriend was like “what the hell is that on the wall?!” The window was cracked so he made himself at home on our wall.View attachment 325779

I'm surprised it's so green against that wall. Ours look just like that but can change colors from green to brown to grey to match the background better.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
I have toads quite regularly in my garden, they spend a lot of time hidden under planks , large stones and I am afraid that one of my dogs will try to play with them because their venom can be extremely dangerous in case of contact. .

A few years ago one of my bitches had been very sick after playing with one of them and no prince appeared.

20200829_213855.jpg

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
20200713_220946[1].jpgI
20200713_221000[1].jpg

I get these large Cuban tree frogs hanging out on my benches. Some are albino, theres one Ill try to snag a picture of it next time I see it...thing is as big as my hand, must eat good! Thank you Mr.Frog for eating all the bugs I missed.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I found this guy on a leaf from one of my pre-bonsai cherry trees just now. I've never seen this type before! I've seen toads. And the tree frogs that climb our house and come in with the banana tree look like the one @DonovanC posted. But this guy is new to me :)

Attachments

• 20200830_180400.jpg
    20200830_180400.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 25

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
This guy wanted to sell me insurance :cool:

Attachments

• AA27D50A-8D2E-4438-99C0-58548CD01E0A.jpeg
    AA27D50A-8D2E-4438-99C0-58548CD01E0A.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 17

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Pacific Tree Frog, or it’s more fun name Pacific Chorus Frog!

Right now it’s the time these noisy lil croakers start spreading out all over the local area.... singing to their little hearts content!

cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom