Cruised on over to me local(ish) bonsai nursery this morn!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Those both look good and also healthy! I favor Elms but always enjoy seeing a nice Maple :)

Grimmy

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice new trees!!!!!!!!!!!

and wicked laces!!!! :D:cool:

I'm gonna hit the nursery later this afternoon stuck at work right now :mad::mad::mad:

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Those both look good and also healthy! I favor Elms but always enjoy seeing a nice Maple :)

Grimmy
Thanks! I just needed some more deciduous trees, still do...out of room though...
I've been wanting a trident for a while....try to some of what I learned from Al to good use.

Last edited:

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great project!! You'll have to determine if you can kinda' "redo" the branching a bit. In good spots, just have to get cut back some and maybe you can try to get some movement a little closer to the trunk.....

Best just to dive into the "bunker" with both eyes open, a six pack and a vision....:confused:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No stylist, but I would go for the "tall tree/short tree" look.:cool::D:D

Bark is real interesting with a bit of character that gives the illusion of a teeny bit of movement. Softens the telephone pole look it displays at the moment.o_O:D:D:D:D:D:D

I could drink a few beers and stand around and talk a bit about it.....that's a good thing.:cool::D:D:D

Probably put out some new growth in your climate you figure?:confused:;):D:D:D:D:D

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Jealous! I have a trip planned in late September, don't know if I'm gonna last that long.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Will this be the front?
I actually do like a variation of that side as the front, but it has 2 problems.
It shows off the chop on top, which could be hidden by the canopy, I guess
..and most of the branches go in the rear direction from there...could be corrected with cutting, guy wires and time....but like I said, we'll see what the root base looks like and go from there.

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Id say a young corticosa just starting to bark up,there are also many variations in seedlings,my guess is cork bark

Top Bottom