Crushed Lava Rock Sources Near Chicago

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I'm looking for a local source of crushed lava rock, 1/8"-1/4" anywhere near Chicago. Anyone with a good source?

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I dont know but If anyone else does I'd sure like to know myself. I've bought some on Bonsaimonk.com once but couldn't find a local seller. Looks like you found this site too hugh Fore?? :D See you tonight at the MWBS meeting (If your attending). Someone there might know.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Drystall is I think very much like pumice and can be found at many Agway etc. stores

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Check your PM, I sent you the email address of the guy I bought a couple pallets from this winter. He's in the quad cities area.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Nice to know I have other options if needed.

Thanks Brian, PM sent.

roelex14

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Check your PM, I sent you the email address of the guy I bought a couple pallets from this winter. He's in the quad cities area.

who's this in the quad cities? thats were im from and definitely looking for a soil source:D

fore

Omono
Reaction score
who's this in the quad cities? thats were im from and definitely looking for a soil source:D

Since Brian gave me the source privately, and I'm new here and don't know all the rules, so I'll let him pm you roelex14. Maybe we can order together and get bulk pricing? Just a thought.

daveskib

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
DryStall

Dry Stall is pumice. I got mine at Southern States in my area. I am sure you can get it at any equine supply place. it comes in a 50 lb bag. My trees love it in their mix

Daveskib

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Since Brian gave me the source privately, and I'm new here and don't know all the rules, so I'll let him pm you roelex14. Maybe we can order together and get bulk pricing? Just a thought.

Only PM out of regard for Mark's email address...PM me if you want it, roelex14, et al.

Top Bottom