Current Experiments

Mike MoMo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-A
Well I been kinda busy the past few weeks and nothing relaxes me like being a Bonsai Nut. So here's my additions to my collection. First is some spiral willow cuttings that have been grouped together hopefully to fuse into one trunk. I to a hint from Nigel Saunders ( of You Tube Fame ) and have them planted in a shallow tray which sits in a large bowl of water.
Then I present to this aggressive and opinionated audience two Madivillas. They are woody tropical houseplants that big box stores sell to people to throw in their garden to die in the fall. Don't care if they are not suitable for Bonsai, they are cute.
After that i got this wonderful elm, with they dried leaves which was rescued from a rain gutter. I'm sure it will come back around.
Last up is a neon Ficus. All in all I spent more on soil than anything else.20160703_205145.jpg 20160703_205350.jpg 20160703_205919.jpg 20160703_205846.jpg 20160703_210047.jpg

Mike MoMo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-A
I also got a Hicks Yew that i refuse to take a picture of until i get another pot.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice little collection.

Neon Ficus is not a species, looks like a benjamina.

Mike MoMo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-A
It is a Benjamina the cultivar is neon for the light green leaves. Thanks Ryan

Mike MoMo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-A
I reckon it is real. I only bought it because it was five bucks and I had an empty pot. It's my hipster trendy Ficus screaming I am so different yet treat me like everyone else.

Top Bottom