Custom Built Suiseki Stands

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I left you a comment on your home page, so I won't repeat it here.

I will say there is a need to have nice stands that enable stone display to catch a viewer's eye.
So I wish you well in your effort.

here is something I had disigned that i use with stones and the fourth lowest platform is occupied by a kusamono rather than have 4 of the same thing...3 and 1 work a lot better :)

Attachments

• IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
I left you a comment on your home page, so I won't repeat it here.

I will say there is a need to have nice stands that enable stone display to catch a viewer's eye.
So I wish you well in your effort.

here is something I had disigned that i use with stones and the fourth lowest platform is occupied by a kusamono rather than have 4 of the same thing...3 and 1 work a lot better :)

That's a really nice stand. Would look great with a dark cherry finish.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I agree with your darker then what it is now statement. (cherry would be rich and nice! )

The wood is cedar and fresh cut. In a year or two, out in the weather and we'll have a nice aged grey look to it, which i think, will be more becoming.

I quess my basic instinct when it comes to wood is a natural ageing has an appeal. just as some bonsai types that use lime-sulfur may also opt to add some india ink to even more darken the stark white look. I think some personal opinion has it's place in making decisions as to what different individuals prefer. :)

Top Bottom