Custom grafting knife

dkraft81

Shohin
Reaction score
The other day i was thinking about what i should spend some of my Christmas money on, and i started to look into buying a grafting knife. After spending lots of time on the internet trying to find one that I liked with not much luck, i thought i would see if my friend would have the capability to make a grafting knife. My friend makes knives as sort of a hobby/side business and has made some awesome looking knives. He was all too eager to try it out. He added some bells and whistles to the design of the knife, I was lookng for something pretty simple, but I got to say I really like the knife he made. He asked me to take some pics with trees, they were a little frozen but did what I could for him. I can't wait for spring.

2014-01-10 16.00.50.jpg2014-01-10 15.49.48.jpg2014-01-10 15.48.02.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-01-10 15.48.09.jpg
    2014-01-10 15.48.09.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 71

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Very nice! I just received my new (first) grafting knife today. It's a carbon steel Ryuga knife, but much uglier than yours!

I would love to learn how to make one myself. I have deer shed that I found in Texas while training there...it would make a nice handle.

Cypress

Shohin
Reaction score
Very cool! Does it have a serrated edge on the top side of the blade?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nice knife. I won't mind getting one. :p

I am just not sure if it will be as functional to use for grafting as a regular one. The size may not give you the proper blade position and leverage. Let us know once you got to using it. :)

dkraft81

Shohin
Reaction score
Very nice knife. I won't mind getting one. :p

I am just not sure if it will be as functional to use for grafting as a regular one. The size may not give you the proper blade position and leverage. Let us know once you got to using it. :)

I think it should be alright. I was concerned that the handle may cause issues with the best angle for the graft but having it in my hand now it should be ok, if it does cause issues I can always use the edge of the work bench:D.

My friend is always interested in what specifically you like, so if your interested in his info pm me and ill get you his info.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I have one from Kaneshin.jp on it's way. I too am looking forward to learning grafting.

Top Bottom