Custom (Hybrid Organic Slab) pots for order

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I have finally got caught up on pots. I’ve discovered the style of pot for somebody that doesn’t want a slab and doesn’t want a traditional pot. It’s somewhere in between. The pots below are somewhat of an example. I can do any shape or size of the footprint. I can go different heights on the wall or thickness. A couple I’ve made have been for group plantings or forests. An individual can cut a piece of cardboard out for the shape they want or draw it with the rough dimensions and then I made the pot.

shoot me a Pm if interested.

367D8CCB-4A0B-4ECD-A87C-D39CBF5F7733.jpeg4B2439B6-3938-48A6-892F-9E5155E952BC.jpeg59D63995-E1F3-44EF-AD7C-8E9F38F611F2.jpeg60E7BBF4-9866-479A-B086-D7C882E4A08C.jpegAAA7F945-E027-4262-8670-A25644743FFD.jpeg

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
material? clay? cementitious? plastic? fiberglass? resin?

freeze resistance?

if there is an organic, like paper or peat, is it water absorbing, or has it been coated to be water proof?

My questions mostly feed into questioning strength, and freeze thaw resistance. Where I live, slabs for outdoor use must be impervious to water or freeze thaw cycles will break the pot down..

Second, what is the maximum practical length you can make.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
material? clay? cementitious? plastic? fiberglass? resin?

freeze resistance?

if there is an organic, like paper or peat, is it water absorbing, or has it been coated to be water proof?

My questions mostly feed into questioning strength, and freeze thaw resistance. Where I live, slabs for outdoor use must be impervious to water or freeze thaw cycles will break the pot down..

Second, what is the maximum practical length you can make.
I will PM you. But I will give details. The name is meant as appearance only. I use a clay that is very groggy and lots of grit. It was created to be used for outdoor tiles. My pots are fired to cone 6. It is held at that temp for a few hours.

As far as fteeze thaw and the pots cracking. I haven’t had problems with any of my pots. But, we don’t have as intense winters as other parts of the country.

I can do 22-24” wide and 15-20” long. This is a rough general size, depending on the exact size and the kiln shape.

Michael P

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I like these a lot and have trees that would look good in them! What is the price range for the larger sizes you can make? I don't want to waste your time if I can't afford them. Thanks!

Top Bottom