Cuttings

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can anyone recommend good books/literature to read about "cuttings" ? I know there is a lot to find on the net, but I love a good book from time to time, and as a reference point to look up things.

(tried the search function but didn't find any tread about it, so sorry if there is already one...)

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
The best reference available in North America.

The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation: From Seed to Tissue Culture, Second Edition 2nd Edition
by Michael A. Dirr (Author), Charles W. Heuser Jr. (Author)

It should be around $20 to $30 as a used book. A standard book for plant propagation classes, so used books are available in quantity.

Daniel_UK

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
'RHS Propagating Plants: How to Create New Plants for Free' is detailed and has a reference for the most common genus of plants and alongside generic information at the beginning on vegetative reproduction. It is also cheap: £14.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

This one lays down a pretty solid base. Both nutrients, tissue types, and troubleshooting are all in there. There are some quirky things in there that the general population doesn't know about.

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone

This one lays down a pretty solid base. Both nutrients, tissue types, and troubleshooting are all in there. There are some quirky things in there that the general population doesn't know about.

That is also a good one, thanks !

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone

The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation: From Seed to Tissue Culture, Second Edition 2nd Edition

It should be around $20 to $30 as a used book. A standard book for plant propagation classes, so used books are available in quantity.

This one is definitely on my wish list !

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

It took me about 1.5 minutes from reading this thread to ordering the book. Impulsive buying behaviour at it's best...

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

DITTO
UNDERSTAND THAT ONE NEEDS TO EXTRAPOLATE METHODS FOR SPECIES AND CULTIVARS NOT MENTIONED IN THE BOOK BUT COMMON TO BONSAI!
NOT A STEP BY STEP GUIDE, EXCELLENT REFERENCE!

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It took me about 1.5 minutes from reading this thread to ordering the book. Impulsive buying behaviour at it's best...

I've ordered it a few days ago and got a reply saying it will be delivered between 3 july and 17 july...

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
'RHS Propagating Plants: How to Create New Plants for Free' is detailed and has a reference for the most common genus of plants and alongside generic information at the beginning on vegetative reproduction. It is also cheap: £14.
And it comes with a detailed layout of Kew where you can snip off one of almost anything in the world.🚫

Top Bottom