Daconil & Bonide Infuse Granular Fungicide Alternatives for California residents

casun

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have a young JBP that needs to be treated for needle cast but it looks like Daconil & Bonide Infuse Granular Fungicide can’t be shipped to California. Are there good alternatives to those two products?

SininCincinnati

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ohio baby we have everything. Just buy online.
Post office is too busy with fentanyl.

casun

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
@casun theres premix daconil on Home Depot and Lowes, Bonide Infuse Granular is available via DoMyOwn website.

Thanks
Chris
Interesting. I wonder why some vendors will ship to California and others won’t or can’t. Thanks for the help.

Follow up question: My understanding is that needle cast is unique to Pines. Do I need to treat my Junipers, Zelkovas, and Coast Redwoods?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
is copper available?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder why some vendors will ship to California and others won’t or can’t. Thanks for the help.

Follow up question: My understanding is that needle cast is unique to Pines. Do I need to treat my Junipers, Zelkovas, and Coast Redwoods?
You don't have to treat non-pinacea. But then again, you don't actually have to treat your pines either with those antibiotics.
The needle cast that's there right now, has been there since last year. It has grown, and it's spreading its spores as soon as you see that little dot in the yellow band. Since it's shut off from the sap flow for the largest part, systemics don't stop it from speading now, they'll only combat new infections.
Treating new emerging foliage with copper sulphate spray should be enough to keep needle cast at bay. I have to pick around 40 needle pairs a year, but that's about it. My trees have been antibiotic-free since forever.

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a young JBP that needs to be treated for needle cast but it looks like Daconil & Bonide Infuse Granular Fungicide can’t be shipped to California. Are there good alternatives to those two products?
I’m in California and bought daconil earlier this year at the local garden center. I also alternate use with Mancozeb and copper. I stopped using Bonide Infuse granular (same chemical as Clearys 3366) and cover my soil when spraying to protect mycorrhizae. I know people use Clearys 3366 with success, but something with my conditions/practices has prevented the colonization of mycorrhizae.

casun

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
You don't have to treat non-pinacea. But then again, you don't actually have to treat your pines either with those antibiotics.
The needle cast that's there right now, has been there since last year. It has grown, and it's spreading its spores as soon as you see that little dot in the yellow band. Since it's shut off from the sap flow for the largest part, systemics don't stop it from speading now, they'll only combat new infections.
Treating new emerging foliage with copper sulphate spray should be enough to keep needle cast at bay. I have to pick around 40 needle pairs a year, but that's about it. My trees have been antibiotic-free since forever.
Thanks for the help. Combating new infections is part of the goal. I plan to use all three based on a @Adair M ’s recommendation in another thread.

Top Bottom