Daiso Japan

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Daiso Japan, which are basically Japanese dollar stores located mainly in California. Amongst the many rows of nick-nacks, they do have a small selection of products usable for bonsai. I found large colanders, soil sifters, soil scoops, and even drainage netting. Many thanks to John Kohler of GrowingYourGreens.com for introducing these stores to everyone.

dpowell

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Their colanders are the best. I've found 3 different sizes of the stainless steel ones and they're only $1.50 each. Every time my fiancé makes me go to that store I usually walk out with at least 1/2 dozen of the things.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
We've had them here in washington state for years. With the right drill head to make drainage holes, some of their ware makes excellent kusamono and mame pots. In the garden section I always pick up several pairs of work cloves. ($1.50) :)

bonsaiBlake

Chumono
Reaction score
Bering sea, AK Orginally from Vancover, wa
We've had them here in washington state for years. With the right drill head to make drainage holes, some of their ware makes excellent kusamono and mame pots. In the garden section I always pick up several pairs of work cloves. ($1.50) :)

we have them up here? are you aware of any on the east side of the state, or down in the vancouver/portland area?

Top Bottom