Dale Cochoy

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I am reposting this that I just saw on Lindsay Farr's World of Bonsai

I have not verified it. Someone that knows them give'em a call and check it out.

HI EVERYONE! This is Dales' wife Nancy. I wanted to let you know that Dale had a very serious accident tonite. He fell about 20ft. off a ladder while trimming a branch off one of the large trees in the garden. He has 4 fractured vertebra in his low back, 5 broken ribs and internal bleeding. He is in intensive care at Akron General Medical Ctr. He is able to talk and move his arms and legs but they are very worried about the bleeding in his abdomen. I will try to keep you posted about his condition. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you, Nancy Bodine Cochoy

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really sad news. 20 ft is a long way to fall.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Terrible news. He's in my prayers.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
very strong believer in prayer and Dale Cochoy and his family are in my prayers today.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I will be praying for his speedy recovery too.

20 feet is indeed a very high fall...I hope it also works as a reminded to everyone to be careful and be mindful of safety.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've asked Nancy to let us know if something more than prayers needs to be done to help support them in this time... I know there is some discussion going on about finding friends to help cover the two big shows he had going for June. Not sure if someone will be able to, but I am hopeful... these are big events for Dale that mean a lot to the support of him and Nancy.

V

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've asked Nancy to let us know if something more than prayers needs to be done to help support them in this time... I know there is some discussion going on about finding friends to help cover the two big shows he had going for June. Not sure if someone will be able to, but I am hopeful... these are big events for Dale that mean a lot to the support of him and Nancy.

V
A perhaps more immediate need might be for someone local to him help with watering his trees. If anyone on this forum is in a club he might be a member of, you might contact his wife via facebook to arrange?

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As someone who has a wife that works the Ortho. Dept at a local hospital, it's more common than you might think to have a "guy on a ladder" injury.
Best wishes and vibes to Dale and his family. Hope he makes a speedy and full recovery

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vic,

Which shows is he signed up for ?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The USNBE and then ABS in Denver.... I have already told her that if someone brings it, I'll help with set-up/manning it for all the days I am at ABS.

logan3

Yamadori
Reaction score
My prayers go out to Dale and Nancy, wishing you a safe an speedy complete recovery

gibmeister

Sapling
Reaction score
I talked with Nancy this evening and offered to help out with his trees or anything else that is needed. I live less than 5 minutes from Dale.Nancy also informed me that their son was in a car accident and is in intensive care at a different hospital in the city. Definitely keeping Dale and his family in my prayers.

Gib

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Dale and his family definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow! He may not think so right now but he is damn lucky to be alive, 20 feet falls do not have a high rate of survival for the victims. I will definetly keep him and his son in my prayers, I am the type of persom who prays for people in accidents when I pass them on the road, At times like this its the best we can offer and prayers work miracles.

Dear Jesus, Son of God, Physician and Healer if it would be in your will heal this man and his son and comfort his family in thier time of tragedy. I ask this not knowing these people yet trusting in your mercy and love.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I talked with Nancy this evening and offered to help out with his trees or anything else that is needed. I live less than 5 minutes from Dale.Nancy also informed me that their son was in a car accident and is in intensive care at a different hospital in the city. Definitely keeping Dale and his family in my prayers.

Gib

Oh my! So much to be going through! Thanks for being our hands to help them right now.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just got this update from another forum
From Nancy:

Hello again, Dale has had no further complications. He is resting fairly comfortably. They won't let him eat or drink anything yet until they are sure there is no more bleeding. While I was at the hospital with him today I got a call at the nurses station telling me that our youngest son was in an accident and at the hospital across town. I rushed over and was told he has a fractured skull, multiple facial fractures and a broken jaw. He went thru the windshield. He is in intensive care also. He was driving Dales' van which was full of all the pots he made all winter.
He rolled the van over during the accident. We don't yet know what kind of damage there is to all the pottery. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all for the many notes of encouragement. Nancy Cochoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom