Dallas Bonsai Garden

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I wanted to take some time to share a recent encounter I had with DBG. I know it's a lot more common for people to voice negative experiences with vendors; that is not my style.

I needed a new concave cutter since my starter set was too small and dull for my liking. I went to the DBG website and compared what they had to offer with what my wallet could sustain. Without getting into too much detail (I gave my word) there was an issue with my order after I placed it.

"Wait, I thought it wasn't your style to share negative experiences"

Hold on a minute!

After a couple days I received a phone call from an unknown number. It was DBG saying that the website had a quantity error. Bummer. :( Then we discussed comparable tools, price points, differences in models and brands and shared pleasantries. What could have been a disaster (I'm sometimes tough on CSRs... sorry) turned into a friendly chat.

In the end, I got what I needed for what I consider a fair price. I'm happily removing branches and have been made into a fan and future customer of DBG.

Also, bigger is better!

A hearty thank you!

-Bernard.

IMG_6147.jpg

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So let us know how fujiyama tools compare to your expectations, and whatever other tool you bought this to replace. I am not familiar with that brand.
And, by the way, nice to hear a happy ending to what seemed like a sad story. You hooked me.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So let us know how fujiyama tools compare to your expectations, and whatever other tool you bought this to replace. I am not familiar with that brand.
And, by the way, nice to hear a happy ending to what seemed like a sad story. You hooked me.

Well, before I had a starter set from ebay. Came with all the essentials. I think the entire set of 8 tools was about $60. The concave cutter was an 8". I have used more expensive tools at workshops and meetings. I was actually straining at times with my old cutter. That didn't seem right. Now I'm getting clean cuts without much force as these are 10.5 inches. Upon close inspection, the edges match up cleanly. I'm just happy that the cuts I make are much cleaner now.

So while I'm no collector of tools (Dario) and I've only used a Masakuni once, I'm very happy with performance. Hey man, I'm all smiles today :)

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That is all that matters. :)

As I always say though, innocence is a bliss...now you cannot go back. ;)

I have a few Christmas bonsai gifts on my list and since I'm really good friends with Santa, I'm quite sure more tools are on the way.

In the mean time, I'm working on getting my photography set-up complete. Lights and backdrops and lenses; oh my! Too many hobbies. Not enough time.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have a few Christmas bonsai gifts on my list and since I'm really good friends with Santa, I'm quite sure more tools are on the way.

In the mean time, I'm working on getting my photography set-up complete. Lights and backdrops and lenses; oh my! Too many hobbies. Not enough time.
Good luck with more & better tools. :)

My son got into photography and have a decent set-up...until a thief got most of it from his car while dining out w/ friends. :( A Nikon D600 w/ 3 lenses and other accessories. He said total value is more than $5,000 and we only got $1,000 from insurance. That is a big loss to a student.

Me I use a point and shoot. LOL

Top Bottom