damage from leafblowers

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I always laugh at “yankees” driving up prices. Here, its Californians that Move anywhere are “driving up housing prices”.

No one ever says anything about the southern business owners taking the yankees money! Just like the people in Idaho who are selling their properties to folks from CA.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nashville TN is a haven for people with loot from all over in recent years. I’ve lived in the south my whole life, seems like it’s been city-countryside-city-rural..since I was a kid. I know & associate with landscaper folks fairly often and have never once heard any sort of a complaint about yankees or Californians from them. My neighbor owns a landscaping company even.

These people I’ve found to be genuine, honest, extremely hardworking, laid back, good people who want to provide the best service possible to their clients -often, these landscape professionals have a very extensive knowledge of plants and everything regarding. Their name and credibility of work is also important.

My point is that the odd behavior described here does not reflect my experience with the south in this career choice. However, there’s a redneck being born across the world all the time and anybody can cut grass, but these circumstances are unusual.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nashville TN is a haven for people with loot from all over in recent years. I’ve lived in the south my whole life, seems like it’s been city-countryside-city-rural..since I was a kid. I know & associate with landscaper folks fairly often and have never once heard any sort of a complaint about yankees or Californians from them. My neighbor owns a landscaping company even.

These people I’ve found to be genuine, honest, extremely hardworking, laid back, good people who want to provide the best service possible to their clients -often, these landscape professionals have a very extensive knowledge of plants and everything regarding. Their name and credibility of work is also important.

My point is that the odd behavior described here does not reflect my experience with the south in this career choice. However, there’s a redneck being born across the world all the time and anybody can cut grass, but these circumstances are unusual.
He was definitely someone with a chip on his shoulder. His son was actually really nice to me and respected my plants. I have been doing bonsai for about 5-6 years now and I move every 6-8 months to a new place and I have dealt with a lot of landscapers, some who didn't even speak english. He has been the first one to make such a big deal about this.

Since living here in Asheville I have been called a yankee and to leave the city at least 3 times. So I think its more to do with some of the people here. I have been eyeballing Nashville as I place to live but I hear it gets real hot over there.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
He was definitely someone with a chip on his shoulder. His son was actually really nice to me and respected my plants. I have been doing bonsai for about 5-6 years now and I move every 6-8 months to a new place and I have dealt with a lot of landscapers, some who didn't even speak english. He has been the first one to make such a big deal about this.

Since living here in Asheville I have been called a yankee and to leave the city at least 3 times. So I think its more to do with some of the people here. I have been eyeballing Nashville as I place to live but I hear it gets real hot over there.
Yankee is more often than not a term of endearment of sorts believe it or not in a common turn of phrase. As in if I met a cat from Dallas and said, “well, Tex over here...”

...if I didn’t like Tex I wouldn’t have ever been such a wine and cheeseball to say such curtseys or given any notice..

another example, one of the greatest persons I’ve known on the planet, I may call him a slack jawed lolligaggin yankee shitass.

yankee is an old term, it’s not an insult anymore, just where you’re from in my understanding
I was born above the Mason-Dixon Line, so technically I guess I’m a yankee but I think the word is even older than that...macaroni

If someone calls me a yankee, I say amen up high, ya dime store yokel

Nobody gives a fuck where you’re from, yankee is not an insult, it’s what you are, where you’re from. Asheville is...not really a redneck place...Nashville....get some yankee. Try Austin perhaps.

Sometimes I call another friend Jersey, you should hear the way he says, water. Go Mets!

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

You should post photos of your trees.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Since living here in Asheville I have been called a yankee and to leave the city at least 3 times.
I was delighted with the people in Asheville and I guess I am much more of a Yankee than you are. Please don't take this as criticism because that is not the intention, but maybe you are projecting something negative. I say this only because I am familiar with it, but mostly in my own back yard, and occasionally online. I often tend to cut right to the chase which can be interpreted as rude or blunt when it is intended as direct and honest.

Top Bottom