Dandy mame

zanduh

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Woody trunk, in a pot? I don't see why you wouldn't qualify?

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I like anything bonsaied, cool looking, but some will not consider it a bonsai. I like though, keep it going!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I would consider it a "pre-bonsai". If you can keep it in the same pot, if that is a pot. LOL, all you need is 2 or more branches and it would be a "mame bonsai". Key is, how much does it remind you of a scene from nature? Does it inspire feelings you get from looking at a tree? I think if you could get it to grow a couple little branches, it will get closer to the "ideal". Keep it going.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
On second look, that's an exposed root of a dandelion isn't it?

Well, if you can make it look tree like, its bonsai. If you can make it an artistic herbaceous planting - it is the sub-category of bonsai called kusamono, or accent plant. If you can get it to bloom on that small a plant next spring, you are a skilled grower.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Pot is an Indian paint pot or bog iron geode, It is from Odessa, Delaware and I was luck enough to find it.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The Pot is an Indian paint pot or bog iron geode, It is from Odessa, Delaware and I was luck enough to find it.

My four year old daughter found what we call a bubble rock while we were hiking one time and insisted on keeping. It's a simple sandstone occlusion formed literally when a bubble of air is trapped in mud that over millennia hardens into sandstone. They aren't terribly rare around here, but are always fun finds. This one has a single tiny hole on one side that opens to the hollow interior. I always thought it would be fun to find some just for using at pots.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Woody trunk, in a pot? I don't see why you wouldn't qualify?
I doubt it is a woody trunk. The title hints at this being a dandelion and leaves lend credence to that. Dandelion is far from having a woody trunk and far from a tree. I would be more inclined to call this an accent plant but keeping anything alive for an extended period in a small pot is worth celebrating.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I doubt it is a woody trunk. The title hints at this being a dandelion and leaves lend credence to that. Dandelion is far from having a woody trunk and far from a tree. I would be more inclined to call this an accent plant but keeping anything alive for an extended period in a small pot is worth celebrating.
Remember that its a dandelion... ;)

Top Bottom