Dang gone it...a cold hardy sumo would be nice.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Would love a Sumo...something on the lines of Jabba the Hutt. Fat bottom heavy fella. One...which just would have to be named if so...since I don't have names for any...it would be something worthy of a name.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Trident maple maybe?

I wouldn't be against it...can not believe I said that. I am a bit gun shy of maples. With all the fungus...and losing a maple to disease. But... @Smoke has posted a few...that make me think...dormant is nice to see what is underneath. But...just one. I hear they are hard to keep up with.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Out of curiosity...I opened the link to growing grounds...since I figured a Sumo is a grown out trunk. Was hoping for some gnarly base I could chop down further maybe...and...he no longer offers photos.

It's winter...many up this way have their trees put away...so this process may have to wait. But thought...never hurts to see if I can locate something sooner.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just made contact with Scott...when he pulls his trees from winter storage...what I am looking for. I want an eye catching gnarly trunk. It can be raw stock or further developed. Just don't want to limit myself on the gnarly end aspect by asking for material further along. Keeping it wide open for possibilities. He has always come through...love all my material which I received from him. To wait for winter to be over,

Top Bottom