Dawn Redwoods from seedlings

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The story of these redwoods is similar to the larchs I just posted except they were only foot seedlings purchased on ebay. Had a bunch of these, all were the same size last spring. I dug up and replanted all but 2, I believe at the right time but I could have done it a bit late. Most were fine, some this winter were damaged by the rabbit who mocked my trap. Need to find the right bait for it. The smaller ones will be allowed to grow out more unless anyone has a better suggestion for them. The larger ones I want to chop before the taper gets too far out. Will air layer these as they aren't as easy to get as the larchs. Think I could get 2 layers at least for each of the bigger ones. I'll take better pics when it gets sunnier and warmer.

DSCF6406.JPG DSCF6407.JPG
DSCF6436.JPG DSCF6435.JPG DSCF6466.JPG
The big ones.

DSCF6431.JPG
To the left of the big ones, not sure the front one is still alive.

DSCF6491.JPG
These guys got ravaged by the rabbit.

Any and all advice is welcome!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am starting some air layers on a fatty out front of my house this year. I don't have any experience layer these trees, but they are really vigorous. With that in mind, I am confident you and I will have success! These can develop wicked gnarly trunks with age.

Top Bottom