Day...uh..is this a... what day is this? Lockdown update

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Well at least you can still do that.

Mauro Stemberger is currently live working on a Sierra Juniper, I know him and Adam Lavigne have done some live casts lately. Great vids but only on facebook I think.
Where is Mauro right now? He is supposed to be the headliner at the all State Michigan show in Grand rapids may 9. I was hoping that him and the show itself would not be cancelled. I hope it's still on!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My husband decided to join Facebook today.:eek:🙅‍♀️🤦‍♀️

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
Nobody is overreacting. The numbers by me in NY are exploding, supplies are slim, demand is high. More and more people require ventilators. Hospitals are overwhelmed. drive through testing facilities are up. Navy hospital ship too. it hasn’t even begun to peak yet.
NY is blowing up in terms of confirmed cases, hang in there.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Anyway Day 10 lockdown update, a fairly reasonable day. Had 96 beers delivered, 11 litres of wine, 2 bottles of cava, shitloads of dog biscuits, cola, heaps of water, some canned tomatoes, lentles and pasta as well. Also had to go to a meeting point to pick up 10 kilos or so of fresh meat from a butcher but there where like 30 people and the local council lost their shit, got the meat though so all good and the guy is going to try to come to your door next week so maybe not a problem.
They are going to extend the 15 days to April 11 now and personally I reckon it will be longer than that. Spain is not doing well in all this, credit to those on the front lines and keeping us up on supplies.
Spoke to my old man this morning back in Oz, he is recovering from chemo and radio therapy which they say has worked on his bladder at least and he is in good spirits although he wasn't really aware of all that is going on but got up to speed in the last couple of days. Still good to hear he is alright and managed to get bog roll.
Also Disney+ started today in Spain so plenty more streaming goodness to come.

Where is Mauro right now? He is supposed to be the headliner at the all State Michigan show in Grand rapids may 9. I was hoping that him and the show itself would not be cancelled. I hope it's still on!

Think he is still at Superfly or was yesterday as there was another live stream. I wouldn't hold your breath that the show will still take place but I don't know.

edit, pretty sure he is streaming live right now again.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
a fairly reasonable day. Had 96 beers delivered, 11 litres of wine, 2 bottles of cava,

😄😄😄😄😄

A fairly reasonable day indeed... :)

What do you mean by "cava" ?

In normandy, when my grandparents settled in the mid-twenties, "calva" (short for "Calvados" which is also the name of the "département") is spirit from apples.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
😄😄😄😄😄

A fairly reasonable day indeed... :)

Indeed, was down to one bottle of wine, 3 frozen cocktails and half a bottle of kahlua. Just in time.
Well to split between two of us, not just me. Had a dispatch for the rest of the booze we ordered but they said it wont come to April 17, lol.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Anyway Day 10 lockdown update, a fairly reasonable day. Had 96 beers delivered, 11 litres of wine, 2 bottles of cava, shitloads of dog biscuits, cola, heaps of water, some canned tomatoes, lentles and pasta as well. Also had to go to a meeting point to pick up 10 kilos or so of fresh meat from a butcher but there where like 30 people and the local council lost their shit, got the meat though so all good and the guy is going to try to come to your door next week so maybe not a problem.
They are going to extend the 15 days to April 11 now and personally I reckon it will be longer than that. Spain is not doing well in all this, credit to those on the front lines and keeping us up on supplies.
Spoke to my old man this morning back in Oz, he is recovering from chemo and radio therapy which they say has worked on his bladder at least and he is in good spirits although he wasn't really aware of all that is going on but got up to speed in the last couple of days. Still good to hear he is alright and managed to get bog roll.
Also Disney+ started today in Spain so plenty more streaming goodness to come.

Think he is still at Superfly or was yesterday as there was another live stream. I wouldn't hold your breath that the show will still take place but I don't know.

edit, pretty sure he is streaming live right now again.
And we're complaining here in the states. At least we can get to the grocery store. They've filled the toilet paper shelves with beer. Ok with me, we have plenty of TP. Glad you can get supplies delivered. Take care and hang in there, hopefully this too will pass. Hope your dad does well.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think I am still missing the point. Maybe I am poorly informed. Maybe someone is just playing us all.

How many people do you personally know that have been infected?
Because .. at our university 0 known cases. None of my friends have it. And so far, nobody in my friends' circle has it.

Are we really closing down the whole world for a virus that has caused what.. 10K of people to die?
In a normal winter, 5K people die in the Netherlands alone through ailments pushed over the edge by flue.

Open question: Are we overreacting? And if not, why not?
We are not overreacting.

Worldwide total confirmed:

67 days 100,000
11 days 200,000
4 days 300,000
1day (today) 400,000 cases, do the math!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
personally 2 my aunt died last night and another relative is in intensive care so not over reacting.

I am sorry for your loss.
Its definitely real and its going to get worse before it gets better

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yea but someone in high authority in USA says its the Chinese virus so that makes it OK:mad: Hope he gets it soon
The only concept I know about in Eastern religions is Karma. I like it. I incorporate it into my life thusly: If you wish bad upon others, Karma will deliver it to YOU.

I only follow the lead of David Newman, one of the great Detroit radio talk show hosts of the past who would say, "I wish you justice", whenever he was called upon to endorse someone's lament of injustice, especially where it was uncertain at best whether or not the person deserved support or condemnation.

I like Karma. You get what you deserve, one way, or the other. I try to limit the paybacks I will deserve when I meet Karma...

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Today IL had 300 new cases. The most of any state, according to the news. :(

Top Bottom