Decorative tool pins as jewelry

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I started making these as a joke around 1990 as the first few were made in sterling silver and actually worked. I'd carved a miniature wax model of the #1 shear and cast it in sterling, made molds and produced a few with a rivet pin in the center allowing the handles to function. Later I'd made one in 14K gold with a tiny diamond accenting the rivet. In 1993 as the president of MABA's first Symposium in Des Moines IA. Harry Tomlinson of the UK was guest artist. I gave him the only working model in 14K with a diamond as a gift.

Well that started people asking about them. I still have several of the set in Sterling Silver at $80 for the set (delivered) and two very gorgeous pins, the #1 and #16 in Solid 18K yellow gold. Contact me for the price as that's all there is and the molds are gone. As for the standard 4 pin set in jeweler's metal (an alloy of tin, lead, copper etc.) with steel pin and chrome button back, they are limited in quantity ( I only have 12 of the #16 left and have to purchase more from my supplier) as a set. Individually I have the #1, #5, #8 in decent quantities so they go for $13.00each post per paid. As a set the four shown above which includes the #16 concave is $32.50 delivered.
Send me a note and I'll ship right away.

Attachments

• masakuni_pins.jpg
    masakuni_pins.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 71
  • 18K_Masakuni_1.jpg
    18K_Masakuni_1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 18K_Masakuni_16_front.jpg
    18K_Masakuni_16_front.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 51
  • masak_1_frt.jpg
    masak_1_frt.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 48
  • masak_16_bk.jpg
    masak_16_bk.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 47
  • masak_8_bk.jpg
    masak_8_bk.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 44
  • masak_5_bk.jpg
    masak_5_bk.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 57

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
When people buy a pot I feel compelled to send them the #1 pin, as I do have many of them. And yes I've set out a set or so. But I do need to Order from my supplier the #16 in jeweler's metal as I'm really low on that about 8~12 left.
I admit I'm a nut beyond bonsai as yes I am a metal smith (silver/gold) from way way back. Have had much stuff in major shows but never made my living as such...hah!
Thank you all for your kind words

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
close up of the 18k ones....they weigh heavy almost 14 grams 18K total (31/ troy oz) Any of them at all make nice gifts for the holidays and birthdays. (Except do our spouses look at these pages...nope!)

Attachments

• IMG_6407.JPG
    IMG_6407.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6406.JPG
    IMG_6406.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 50

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
^^^ Thank you for mine too. It is pretty awesome. I plan to wear mine to the Kannapolis show when I am vending my pots there in December.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
^^^ Thank you for mine too. It is pretty awesome. I plan to wear mine to the Kannapolis show when I am vending my pots there in December.
Are you back to making pots?

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thank you Carol, of course, just needed to let all you folks chill for a while....don't wish to destroy the budgets at home...could become a home wrecker...LOL! Here's one under construction currently. I wrote the Naka Haiku in this one too! It is a darker body and hopefully will be glazed a blue/dark brown glaze.

Attachments

• IMG_6412.JPG
    IMG_6412.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6413.JPG
    IMG_6413.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6414.JPG
    IMG_6414.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6415.JPG
    IMG_6415.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6416.JPG
    IMG_6416.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6417.JPG
    IMG_6417.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6418.JPG
    IMG_6418.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6419.JPG
    IMG_6419.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 32

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I do have all the mini tool pins available in minimum purchase quantities of 50pcs for vendors so if anyone is inclined for such let me know and I'll quote price and delivery. ( 4week delivery as I'm having my supplier create the #16 concave's for me.)

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are you back to making pots?
Funny you should ask. I was just thinking I need some purple glaze.
I am just starting making pots in my limited capacity.but I am not back at the wheel yet. I am doing the first firing of a load of Stone Age & Fossil Pots tonight.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I started making these as a joke around 1990 as the first few were made in sterling silver and actually worked. I'd carved a miniature wax model of the #1 shear and cast it in sterling, made molds and produced a few with a rivet pin in the center allowing the handles to function. Later I'd made one in 14K gold with a tiny diamond accenting the rivet. In 1993 as the president of MABA's first Symposium in Des Moines IA. Harry Tomlinson of the UK was guest artist. I gave him the only working model in 14K with a diamond as a gift.

Well that started people asking about them. I still have several of the set in Sterling Silver at $80 for the set (delivered) and two very gorgeous pins, the #1 and #16 in Solid 18K yellow gold. Contact me for the price as that's all there is and the molds are gone. As for the standard 4 pin set in jeweler's metal (an alloy of tin, lead, copper etc.) with steel pin and chrome button back, they are limited in quantity ( I only have 12 of the #16 left and have to purchase more from my supplier) as a set. Individually I have the #1, #5, #8 in decent quantities so they go for $13.00each post per paid. As a set the four shown above which includes the #16 concave is $32.50 delivered.
Send me a note and I'll ship right away.
I've seen you wearing them at the show in Detroit.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Might be time to RE-pierce some stuff...

Can you make it adaptable to a "Prince Albert"!??

🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding ....

Depending on your answer! 🤓

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Might be time to RE-pierce some stuff...

Can you make it adaptable to a "Prince Albert"!??

🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding ....

Depending on your answer! 🤓
Seems uncomfortable 🤔

I mean, if you enjoy antagonizing your nethers with that type of hardware just use the shears for a guiche😖

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Seems uncomfortable 🤔

I mean, if you enjoy antagonizing your nethers with that type of hardware just use the shears for a guiche😖
It'll be like "going out-wear"...

Like how people squeeze into/tolerate uncomfortable shoes for fashion's sake.

Hahahahaha!!!

Top Bottom