Definitive Mame guide?

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I understand most bonsai technique is scalable. I guess my question is, is there kind of a go pool of knowledge about achieving mame size bonsai? Like I'm sure there's some differences to keep in mind i'm just not aware of! didn't find a ton via search, but point me in the right direction if I missed it!

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'm not aware of anything specific to make but Mortem Albek's Stone Lantern book on Shohin is very good. I would assume the same things would apply to mame trees that are true for shohin just smaller scale.

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I'm not aware of anything specific to make but Mortem Albek's Stone Lantern book on Shohin is very good. I would assume the same things would apply to mame trees that are true for shohin just smaller scale.

Is a small price to pay for a lifetime of knowledge. However, with that kinda cash I’d just take the easy way out and buy a really sweet tree lol

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Is a small price to pay for a lifetime of knowledge. However, with that kinda cash I’d just take the easy way out and buy a really sweet tree lol
😄 It might be out of print IDK.

Looks like he's got a new book

And here's one posted on BNut by Bill Valvannis

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Try emailing him directly....he may have boxes full of books.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am always offended by this type of pricing. I have seen a lot of it.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am always offended by this type of pricing. I have seen a lot of it.

Knowledge is only power without greed!

@Jluke33 I think the only thing different, or not spoken of, is the situations where work MUST be done at a time, or in a certain order, because after growth, you can't get hands or tools back into some places.

100 times more planning. On 100 times less material!

I'm anti "double pot for water"....cause it's cheating, not good to balance and actual Mame tree, and not necessary.

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Of all the shohin specific books I've looked at, so far the Ultimate Bonsai book seems to be the most reached for by a healthy margin. I have the Albek book as well.

I did just order "Miniature Bonsai" by Herb Gustafson so I'll see what's up with that one

Top Bottom