Defoliated my JM today.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Tommy where and when did you get this? Don't remember seeing you post this tree before. Very nice tree!

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Tommy where and when did you get this? Don't remember seeing you post this tree before. Very nice tree!
I got this last year from another member in my local bonsai club, he was reducing his collection. I am very lucky to have acquired it, it’s the nicest maple in my collection.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Very nice tree. I'd like to see that lower left hand branch thicker. It's the same thickness as the uppermost branches. Also, I feel like the canopy is too large. There are areas in the top where you've got long straight internodes. To resolve a lot of this I would cut back hard on the top of the tree. At the same time, let a few branches on that lower branch run for a few years. This will put energy into that lower branch and allow it to thicken. Conversely, you'll get backbudding and improve ramification on the canopy while keeping those branches from thickening further.

Just my two cents. It's a very nice tree with fantastic potential.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Amazing tree! Just curious, are you still in DC and what club are you a member of?
Thank you! I am in Silver Spring, MD and I am a part of Brookside Bonsai Society which is a small chapter of Potomac Bonsai Association. You should join us, the people are great.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Very nice tree. I'd like to see that lower left hand branch thicker. It's the same thickness as the uppermost branches. Also, I feel like the canopy is too large. There are areas in the top where you've got long straight internodes. To resolve a lot of this I would cut back hard on the top of the tree. At the same time, let a few branches on that lower branch run for a few years. This will put energy into that lower branch and allow it to thicken. Conversely, you'll get backbudding and improve ramification on the canopy while keeping those branches from thickening further.

Just my two cents. It's a very nice tree with fantastic potential.
Thank you! Great suggestions and I will definitely be following them.

Top Bottom