Delete Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

moved on

Yamadori
Reaction score
Dear Bonsai Nut,

I contacted you yesterday regarding permanently deleting my account. I have yet to hear anything from you and, as I am still able to log in and post this, it has clearly not been deleted.

I would appreciate hearing back from you soon as I no longer wish to be part of this forum for the reasons I described using the "Contact us" form yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry to see you go - even if you don't stick around on B'nut, here is hoping you continue on with Bonsai! If you are on Facebook you can check out The Rookie Bonsai Guy or Bonsai Beginners or if you are on Reddit check out /rBonsai. Good luck!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Astro, that would be a shame for you to leave. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Good luck with your studies!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Normally when someone asks for their account to be deleted, I wait a couple of hours, because in most cases they were upset about something in the heat of the moment, and end up sticking around. But since you are so adamant, I have taken care of it.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'm a bit of the opposite. Places that are warm and fuzzy make me want to leave, but this site is overall fun and friendly. Greg is great, nothing like Tweeter and Fakebook at censoring all whole maintaining excellently the forum.

Maloghurst

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm a bit of the opposite. Places that are warm and fuzzy make me want to leave, but this site is overall fun and friendly. Greg is great, nothing like Tweeter and Fakebook at censoring all whole maintaining excellently the forum.
Yes, tweet others how you want to be tweeted.

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yes I have grown to extremely dislike this site. People are so rude and hateful. It’s an unhealthy place to say the least.

Are you serious? What threads are you reading? I hit the site pretty regularly and there is a dust-up between a few people from time to time. I think this place is pretty tame for the INTERNET.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yes I have grown to extremely dislike this site. People are so rude and hateful. It’s an unhealthy place to say the least.

Well, it's a good thing you weren't around here ten years ago :)

I have yet to visit a forum site just about anywhere that was friendlier than this group. Have you ever been to a political forum? Sports? Finance?

Of course, there are forums out there that are maniacally moderated so the only responses allowed are "I love it!" or "I agree completely!". If that is what you are looking for... why even go to a forum in the first place? Just buy a parrot!

If you struggle with some of the personalities on this site, it is quite a simple thing to put them on ignore. You will find that with over 15,000 members, you might need to ignore 10 for the more heated discussions to fade into the background. But personally, I enjoy them (at least to a point). And if you have the chance, meet some of these people in person. I find that as soon as I meet someone over a drink, I am much more tolerant of them being a jerk to me online :) And every now and then just look at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself to lighten up :) This is, after all, just bonsai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom