Dendro's Little Christmas Tree Entry

Dendro

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The day after Christmas I needed something from Home Depot and I came back with what I needed
and this little Christmas Tree, a Colorado Spruce.
IMG_2160.JPGIMG_2161.JPGIMG_2162.JPG
IMG_2172.JPGIMG_2173.JPG
After removing a little of the soil in the pot, I got a look at the nebari. I wasn't going to do anything
until spring, but it got to 58 degrees in Chicago and I had an itch to get my hands dirty.
I didn't repot, I just used a little leftover bonsai soil to cover surface of soil in pot.

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
First post, first reply - welcome!

I'm a bit jealous that I couldn't find any blue spruce at my local stores, but I'm excited to see what everyone who did get one does with them. Good luck!

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The day after Christmas I needed something from Home Depot and I came back with what I needed
and this little Christmas Tree, a Colorado Spruce.
View attachment 276627View attachment 276628View attachment 276629
View attachment 276630View attachment 276632
After removing a little of the soil in the pot, I got a look at the nebari. I wasn't going to do anything
until spring, but it got to 58 degrees in Chicago and I had an itch to get my hands dirty.
I didn't repot, I just used a little leftover bonsai soil to cover surface of soil in pot.
Really nice tree! Welcome!

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We are coming closer to the end of the Little Christmas Tree contest. Final photos should be posted in your individual threads, and will be voted on by the general membership starting on April 30.

Time to start thinking about your repotting, final design, wiring, pruning and generally getting the trees in shape for the contest!

Top Bottom