Desert Rose Sunburn?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I noticed this yellowing when I was watering tonight. It's been really hot and it's in full sun all day. Just wondering if it's sunburn, although I've never seen this before and heat is not unusual here. I'm not super attached to it, although I've had it for a long time. It started out as one of those Wal-mart $9.98 prizes before I even started in this hobby. It's grown really large and is cumbersome to find a place for it in the winter. I do still enjoy the blooms, so curious to see if anyone else has seen this on their Desert Roses. desert rose sunburn.jpgdesert rose 7-9.jpg

Grego83

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I've seen yellowing like that on my adenium before I noticed root rot - that trunk isn't squishy in any spots is it?? The tree looks super healthy...but so did mine. I cut out the rot and it lives on, but it was super stinky and not fun to get rid of.

I've also seen yellowing like that on my dragon fruit plants when I moved them into full sun, yellowish almost white which I suspect was sun scorch. Did you recently move it to a brighter spot?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I've seen yellowing like that on my adenium before I noticed root rot - that trunk isn't squishy in any spots is it?? The tree looks super healthy...but so did mine. I cut out the rot and it lives on, but it was super stinky and not fun to get rid of.

I've also seen yellowing like that on my dragon fruit plants when I moved them into full sun, yellowish almost white which I suspect was sun scorch. Did you recently move it to a brighter spot?
Thanks, but definitely not root rot the trunk isn't the least bit squishy and it has been in full sun since May.

Top Bottom