Design approach on Common Juniper

lillnysta

Seed
Reaction score
Hello!
I got this Common Juniper from my parents vaccationhome on the Swedish west Coast.
It has been in the pot for about three months now. In the spring i´m planning to do the first styling on it.

It stod in a very shaded area of the garden so the inner growth was very poor and the only branches i got is very thin and long with growth on the outer tips.

But there is some new growth by the trunk that maybe can be used with some development.

Anyone have a suggestion of what to do with the tree or is it no good pre-bonsai?

Best regards
Daniel from Sweden

Attachments

• IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3192.jpg
    IMG_3192.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 28

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If it had a spectacular trunk it might be worth it. It's gonna take 2-3 years to get healthy enough to do much to it and it's just a straight stick. In the time it takes you to get it healthy you could probably find a nursery tree that is healthy and ready to work on.

Here in America nurseries put their stock on sale 50% off this time a year. I'd do that if I was you.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
As fourteener mentioned this tree needs to get healthy. I wouldn't style it in the spring and just let it grow for a while to get strength back.

In the meantime go search for some material that is ready to be worked.

Top Bottom