desktop backgrounds, maples

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
found these cool desktop images and figured id share some. i googled japanese maple desktop backgrounds and one of first hits

i guess big wild japanese maples are in russia and china or japan only? anyone know where theres wild japanese maples?

3314007.jpg
2218977.jpg
2994075.jpg195404.jpg958900.jpg

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
yes, i think. but i remember reading they are in russia as well

anyone ever catch that rare documentary when the russia communists finally allowed camera crew documentary on their nature?
the most stunning nature i ever saw, made the sierras look tame
was called wild Russia i believe

acer wiki: plant native to Japan, Korea, China, eastern Mongolia, and southeast Russia

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Piker. Walter Pall's progressions here are as good photography of fair to middlin' trees as you're likely to find anywhere. I've been stealing them for about 3 years and have just under 600 shots including some of his garden. I have them cycle every three minutes on my two monitors. I format them to fit my screens, annotate, group and organize them by tree number in continuous seasons from spring, summer, fall, then winter key, so I watch my favorite trees cycle through the year. A hundred years from now Walter Pall will still be well known because he has shown the world more of his trees than any other bonsai artist, maybe more than any other ten. The Greeks believed that a man was immortal as long as people could remember his name. Walt's gonna be around for a long, long time.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Piker. Walter Pall's progressions here are as good photography of fair to middlin' trees as you're likely to find anywhere. I've been stealing them for about 3 years and have just under 600 shots including some of his garden. I have them cycle every three minutes on my two monitors. I format them to fit my screens, annotate, group and organize them by tree number in continuous seasons from spring, summer, fall, then winter key, so I watch my favorite trees cycle through the year. A hundred years from now Walter Pall will still be well known because he has shown the world more of his trees than any other bonsai artist, maybe more than any other ten. The Greeks believed that a man was immortal as long as people could remember his name. Walt's gonna be around for a long, long time.
His stuff is quality, always. His eye

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
yes, i think. but i remember reading they are in russia as well

anyone ever catch that rare documentary when the russia communists finally allowed camera crew documentary on their nature?
the most stunning nature i ever saw, made the sierras look tame
was called wild Russia i believe

acer wiki: plant native to Japan, Korea, China, eastern Mongolia, and southeast Russia
I have read a few articles about trout/salmon fishing in the Russian rivers. Unreal. Talk about an intense natural place.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You are speaking of the Amur Maple, Acer shirasawanum, AKA A. japonicum

Top Bottom