Developing a collected BC

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Saves time.
Your reading comprehension could use a little work there Billy.

You wasted a whole bunch of time coming down on me for something that wasn't even directed at you.
You probably didn't like me to begin with judging from your long winded response.
I didn't have a problem with you before today,but I'm thinking I do now.
Too bad too. I didn't think you were such a dumbass before.
You have nice trees,you collect trees,you seem to know what youre talking about,I don't watch them but I know about your videos. And if I ever did get a bald cypress you would have been one of the the people I would have asked.
After this though,my opinion of you is slightly less. Well a lot less.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Lol, so onward

Bill, you've experienced ramification is accelerated by keeping in larger pots? Standing water?
Personal experience in New Orleans:
Standing water for the first year after collection.
Periodic flooding for base development.
Over-potting for increased vigor.
Larger trees take longer to affect the trunk, but the branches develop well. I'm not always the best at paying attention to branch development. When I do, the trees reward me.
Smaller trees will fatten the trunk, so yes, downsizing the pot is necessary. Before that, stay on top of the branches. Defoliate and clip the branch tips in July. Wire out pads for better light collrction and to introduce movement.

The OP is in Maine, so mileage varies. He would have more light in the Spring/Summer months and less other months. That will certainly affect everything I said.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Your reading comprehension could use a little work there Billy.

You wasted a whole bunch of time coming down on me for something that wasn't even directed at you.
You probably didn't like me to begin with judging from your long winded response.
I didn't have a problem with you before today,but I'm thinking I do now.
Too bad too. I didn't think you were such a dumbass before.
You have nice trees,you collect trees,you seem to know what youre talking about,I don't watch them but I know about your videos. And if I ever did get a bald cypress you would have been one of the the people I would have asked.
After this though,my opinion of you is slightly less. Well a lot less.
Your opinion of me should be less than zero.

I responded to a misinterpretation fueled delusion and beat you up in the process. This was a gross offence and I apologize.

The fault is mine.

In the future I will endeavor not to escalate fights in open forum. I will not attribute to malice what can be explained by miscommunication (and my poor reading skills). I will withhold judgement of others until I can have a private discussion to clarify matters. I will no longer rely on my comprehension while reading my phone.

I have acted like a hypocrite.

I was cruel and treated you unfairly.

I apologize to the forum, markyscott, and especially you. For what I have done to your reputation and your peace of mind.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your opinion of me should be less than zero.
No. Actually I was a little put out last night when I read that.
I'm over it.
Unlike others who I've had squabbles with in the recent past and the guy I was referring to dont really know shit about what bonsai is,you do.
I apologize to the forum, markyscott, and especially you. For what I have done to your reputation and your peace of mind.

Your apology isn't needed. Truly. We all make mistakes.
My reputation,if you haven't noticed,is mainly being an ass.
I don't really have a good reputation so don't worry about sullying it.
Besides,that was the nicest worded flame job I've ever gotten from anyone.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
No. Actually I was a little put out last night when I read that.
I'm over it.
Unlike others who I've had squabbles with in the recent past and the guy I was referring to dont really know shit about what bonsai is,you do.

Your apology isn't needed. Truly. We all make mistakes.
My reputation,if you haven't noticed,is mainly being an ass.
I don't really have a good reputation so don't worry about sullying it.
Besides,that was the nicest worded flame job I've ever gotten from anyone.
My flamer-thrower is shiny, in working order, and always on hand. I need to be careful where I point it. Nevermind pulling it out while waiting four hours in line for a Disney ride. I'm glad I had it set on a low setting.

Peace, Brother.

(Do we kiss now?)

Top Bottom