Did anyone bid on this?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did anyone here bid on this scroll by Matsumura Keibun. It is a scroll of some water plant in a water pool with two dragonflys. One in flight and one on the leaf?

Attachments

• Matsumura Keibun (7)00011.JPG
    Matsumura Keibun (7)00011.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 107

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
If I don't know where it is, how can I bid on it.........:p

Harry

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It "was" an ebay auction that closed Tuesday.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yea......This is a very important piece of Keibun art. I can't believe there weren't more bids. I have bid on twelve lessor pieces this month and not won any. Then this one came up and I really wanted it and I snagged it fairly easy.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yea......This is a very important piece of Keibun art. I can't believe there weren't more bids. I have bid on twelve lessor pieces this month and not won any. Then this one came up and I really wanted it and I snagged it fairly easy.

It looks beautiful in the photo. Do you feel comfortable buying scrolls on ebay? Are you going to use it in a display this year?

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Nice. Glad you got it Al, you'll use it to it's fullest potential. Buying scrolls on Ebay is the way to go. For some reason though, I seem to shy away from scrolls painted with color. Not sure if its personal preference or a rule I once heard about display with bonsai...

Top Bottom