Did i miss repot time?

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Was planning to repot and hbr cedars junipers and spruce around April but I now see buds opening. Did i kiss repot time? Should i do it immediately or is it ok to wait ?
Screenshot_20200321-143044_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200321-143039_Gallery.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seems you're alright according to the buds, but too late according to the moon.

Never owned a cedar, the rest get potted after the summer Solstice here.

Sorce

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
I live in Lebanon in the middle east. Believe we have a hotter weather (15-20 degrees celsius at daytime andn11-15celsius at night currently) would that mean we have to repot a few weeks before you do? In June I expect our temp to be around 25 + and max we get in Aug is 30-35 with few days in upper 30s...
Thanks for any advice as this has been confusing me.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
The moon does not care.

But as the tree in question gets less and less healthy, we should care more and more about the moon.

I'd bet my life on it.

Sorce
I wonder if the ET's who placed the moon in our orbit do bonsai.....?

Maybe the moon is actually a green house with all their trees inside!

Lol! 🌑🍄🍄🍄👽

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I live in Lebanon in the middle east. Believe we have a hotter weather (15-20 degrees celsius at daytime andn11-15celsius at night currently) would that mean we have to repot a few weeks before you do? In June I expect our temp to be around 25 + and max we get in Aug is 30-35 with few days in upper 30s...
Yeah, never go by calender. Always go by local climate and grow-phases of your plants.
I do not have cedars. Hearing your current conditions I could imagine you could have repotted earlier.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Could have repotted earlier but still plenty of time for these. I regularly repot conifers later than deciduous. They don't seem to mind that. Cedars can even be repotted much later. One well respected grower here repotted cedars mid summer claiming it was a far better time of year for them. Our summer temps are way higher - up to 40C and occasionally above that. The roots will be well under way by June. Watering is the key to high summer temps.
Cedars sometimes drop a lot of needles after spring repotting.

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Could have repotted earlier but still plenty of time for these. I regularly repot conifers later than deciduous. They don't seem to mind that. Cedars can even be repotted much later. One well respected grower here repotted cedars mid summer claiming it was a far better time of year for them. Our summer temps are way higher - up to 40C and occasionally above that. The roots will be well under way by June. Watering is the key to high summer temps.
Cedars sometimes drop a lot of needles after spring repotting.
That's reassuring I'll finish few deciduous I have and start with conifers leaving the cedars till last.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wonder how many Bonsai masters and professional collectors worry about Moon phases🤪?

Top Bottom