Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The auction says nothing about the tree being a new import... It only states that it was imported.... It could have been imported 30+ yrs ago for all we know

Harry, Ang is right. The seller states that he is part of Hoyoku...which up to recently, use to be based at Bonsai West ...who in turn was a big importer of JBP....sooooooo...my guess would be this is a tree he bought from them for material he wanted to work on as a student of Colin's. Now, for what ever reason, he is dumping it at a probably close to a break even price based on the opening bid... Bonsai West is a lot of things, but one of them is not cheap.

Actually if you think about it...this opening bid is pretty reasonable...If "you" paid for the tree and then paid Colin to work on it with you, the net cost would have been much more.....but then we don't know what the closing bid will be.:D

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
The auction says nothing about the tree being a new import... It only states that it was imported.... It could have been imported 30+ yrs ago for all we know

If it had been imported 30 years ago it would have been dead a long time ago........:D
But that can also go unsaid, 99.99% of all JBP have been imported from Japan.

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If it had been imported 30 years ago it would have been dead a long time ago........:D

I guess I musta missed something now... I am wondering how the tree would have died simply by being imported 30yrs ago?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I guess I musta missed something now... I am wondering how the tree would have died simply by being imported 30yrs ago?

Do you know a lot of folks that have JBP that were imported 30 years ago, I don't......

keep it green,
Harry

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
....I do...:p

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Yeah, but your older that dirt.......:p

keep it green,
Harry

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
YEAH!...well....Ummmmmmmmmmm.....whats your point...lol

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Do you know a lot of folks that have JBP that were imported 30 years ago, I don't......

keep it green,
Harry

I know at least one.... tho most of his were grown from seed collected in Korea before I was born (I'll be 30 next month... yeah now you feel old don't you :p )

Top Bottom