Difficult Mugo Styling Advice

Waldo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Great progress. I see a lot of potential in your tree as well. Interesting how attached you become to them isn't it ? I have eight Mugos now. Not an authority by any means. Reading and re-reading Vance's posts have been very helpful and reassuring. I am amazed and grateful for the forgiving tenacity of these little trees. Best of luck with yours. Would enjoy seeing more posts as progresses.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice, but it seems many folks are like...

"Ah Father's day passed Repot Repot!"

The moon is terrible. We should wait for the full moon.

Nice tree. Looks healthy.

Sorce

Woodblock77

Seedling
Reaction score
@Vance Wood thank you for your expertise. I will take it back a bit. I am looking closely and considering all options for the remaining branches. Still need to make some structural decisions.

@Waldo thanks! Yes I am quite fond of this tree, especially now that I have a better idea of what I'm looking at and seeing how well it's doing. I'll try and keep up the periodic updates. I've been seeing some nice back budding lately.

@sorce you've got me pegged. This tree has a long way to go, but getting it in a pot so that it begins to resemble bonsai is quite satisfying. Very excited about this tree.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
In case you have not noticed in the previous reading of the tutorial, the buds you have developed are very fragile and easily broken off, so it is important that you realize that and work with care for the next two years.

Top Bottom