Dificult choice: BCI world convention, or Bonsai-San show?

Which bonsai event would you go to?

• 2018 BCI world convention bonsai show in Mulhouse

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2018 Bonsai-San show in Salieu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So.. After a bit of confusion, I realized there are two major bonsai events in France come October:
  • 2018 BCI world convention bonsai show in Mulhouse (https://www.bonsai-bci.com/index.php/2018-bci-international-convention)
    The 2018 BCI International Convention in Mulhouse, France will feature 12 International Demonstrators, 200 Bonsai and 100 Suiseki. Parc Expo Mulhouse is home to one of the largest bonsai exhibitions organized every four years, where the last event attracted over 145,000 visitors! The exhibition Bonsai Euro Top is open from October 4-14 and features the 30 most beautiful European bonsai presented in a dynamic exhibit that features computer-controlled lighting effects that emulate the path of the sun from dawn to dusk.

• 2018 Bonsai-San show in Salieu? (http://www.european-bonsai-san-show.com/1/programme_de_l_exposition_510328.html)
    Outstanding level of high quality European and Japanese bonsai. There will be at your disposal a large community of bonsai vendors and top potters..... and other unique bonsai accessories, including distinct craftmanship to compliment the art of bonsai. This year demonstrations will be given by: LUIS BALIÑO,JORGE CAMPOS,SALVATOR LIPORACE,LUIGI MAGGIONI,DANNY USE,KIM SEOK JU,HER YOUN HANG,KANG SOOK HOON,LEE KWANG JONG,CHOI SONG HO ET CHO WON DONG
I am not sure which event to go to, if I go at all. So.. if you would have the option to go to just one of these, which one would you choose, and why?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
200% Saulieu, its on top off my list. Top show it is, everybody telling me too visit it. Carlos, Yannick, Maarten etc etc
Do you know why they prefer it over mulhouse? (Just based on the descriptions mulhouse would seem like the better show)

Reaction score
No, but if you think mullhouse is a better show, just go there. Life is simple. Based on discriptions??? Wij van wc eend adviseren wc eend!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
The BCI expo seems to be two expo's with different events going on. I'm not sure if that matters, I cant go anyways.

Top Bottom