Digital Imaging Deal of the Day

Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I gets rejected for crappy pics of my KoB contest tree. And I decides to rent a camera to see if I can take better ones. So I finds a local camera center that rents me an Olympus e500 for $100 for the weekend.

So today I gets a wild hair. Starts shopping online, comparing what I can get for my money. Guess what conclusion I comes to?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0228002

So I saunters into MicroCenter, asks for the camera, guy comes back with arms loaded. Seems that any digital camera purchase also provides a free case, 2GB memory card, and tripod!

SCORE!!!!!!!
So that's my contribution for today...I highly recommend them.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
So I saunters into MicroCenter, asks for the camera, guy comes back with arms loaded. Seems that any digital camera purchase also provides a free case, 2GB memory card, and tripod!

SCORE!!!!!!!
So that's my contribution for today...I highly recommend them.

Way to go Chris - I'm happy for you. When do we get so see some of these brand-spanking-new digital images!!!!!

And I am glad you are a saunterer.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome buddy!

Ha! you thought this was it?.. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

Now you have to purchase 3 yards black velvet, and while your at it you might just as well pick up three yards each of cream and teal velvet. Three or four scrolls just to get started. Half a dozen custom stands, one for each tree. (I hate multiple uses on stands in a sequence of pictures) Three or four Suiseki for accents. What the heck, a good assortment of accent plants for displays.

A good assortment of bamboo and grass matts as well as a few thin burl slabs for accent displays. A good tatami matt to put the whole display on and a good table for the tatami.

A good frame assembly for the backdrop as well a few slave strobes and a few clip on fill lights with umbrella reflectors. A few gel colored filters and a good polarizing filter for shooting outdoors. Spare battery pack and auto charger for those away games, and you should be on your way.

About two grand ought to cover it. Need a small loan? See Guido down by the loading docks, he's the big guy with the two goons with bulges in their pants.

Cheers, Al

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
About two grand ought to cover it. Need a small loan? See Guido down by the loading docks, he's the big guy with the two goons with bulges in their pants.

Mmmmm ...... I think I'll stick with my Kodak Instamatic. I'm assuming those aren't bananas in their pockets either.

Congrats on the SCORE Chris ....I think :)

Dale Cochoy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
$699...AND...it has an $80 REBATE!!:cool:

Dale

P.S. I like how on the order form it says "How Many?" :D

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I've got two digital cameras. A nice one like yours, and a small "pocket" sized Casio that still takes 8 mega-pixel stills. All the photos I post to this site were taken with the small camera, AFTER I downsize them by about 75%. It is amazing how nice digital cameras have become in such a short time. Now you need to buy a nice graphics software package like Adobe Photoshop :)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Damn, I forgot the graphics package...make that 2300.00 bucks!

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
And Guido only charges 150% interest.........BTW Al , do you think he'll need a course on how to actually use it ? Lets see....thats another $250. So now Chris is into Guido for.........$2550

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I won't be learning Photoshop any time soon. I have downloaded Gimp and hope to start playing with its tutorial. However, Xat works just fine for resizing.

Top Bottom