Digital sketches

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Just playing with form on my iPad, having fun. From imagination - not a real tree. Pencil, pen, watercolor wash, marker. A juniper of some sort with deadwood, and a weird literati pine (ponderosa).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 53

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
very very cool dude, you just inspired me to get a pen and drawing program for my kindle. I shall post my terribly shitty creations soon!!!

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's another way, just using mass drawing, and drawing from a tracing of an image on the laptop's screen.
You can study negative spaces and project growth.
Good Day
Anthony

Attachments

• ficus .b .jpg
    ficus .b .jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 54

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
I just downloaded a program called sketchbook pro, absolutely phenomenal, it has really cool brushes, like the maple leaf brush which allowed me to do this in two minutes! And it was free because I racked up coins playing hard puzzles games like quell...

bonsaiiii.jpg

Attachments

• bonsaiiii.jpg
    bonsaiiii.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 26

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Yes that's also a good one

I just downloaded a program called sketchbook pro, absolutely phenomenal, it has really cool brushes, like the maple leaf brush which allowed me to do this in two minutes! And it was free because I racked up coins playing hard puzzles games like quell...

I also picked that program up after I got Paper. Paper is pretty much just like a true pad of paper. You can erase, etc. but there isn't any digital "trickery" allowed, like layers and copy/paste, rotate, etc. To me, Paper is the sketch tool and Sketchbook is the pro tool. I would probably use Paper for ideas, sketching, mood, flow, etc. SB Pro is for true design - bring in a photo, crop, draw over it, edit, etc. Here is an example of Paper sketch - simple, loose.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Sketchbook Pro allows a lot more controlled illustrations like this.
image.jpg

Good ideas. I'm learning that the important thing is to just draw. The more I do it, the better I see my world.

Last edited:

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
Wow your a good artist, I'm a terrible artist but have started sketching almost out of necessity to see my ideas. I ordered a good stylus which arrives tomorrow, I hope to get more precision with it. I methodically drew a trees trunk line recently before styling it, and it really really helped to do that first, I'm definitely doing that from now on.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Interesting

Here's another way, just using mass drawing, and drawing from a tracing of an image on the laptop's screen.
You can study negative spaces and project growth.
Good Day
Anthony

Is "mass drawing" the name of the app you're using?

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
I use paint from windows, and a paint net which is free and almost the same as photoshop. Allows layers so You can put your picture on one level bellow and trace on the level above.
This I did just with paint that every windows PC has.
2013-04-17 001 022 (1024x992) (500x173).jpg

Last edited:

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot

View attachment 44797
What is that? : I racked up coins playing hard puzzles games like quell...
Can you buy anything with that kind of coins? and what games are those?

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
What is that? : I racked up coins playing hard puzzles games like quell...
Can you buy anything with that kind of coins? and what games are those?

For any game associated with my account, both google and amazon, I get coins for playing at some level of skill, so quell, which is a really cool puzzle game, has coins awarded for beating the level in a minimum amount of moves (if you try the game you'll understand). These coins can be used to purchase other apps. So, I used coins from playing another game to purchase quell, which I then racked up points to purchase sketchbook pro.

Now, I'm not making a living off this, but it happened to be a free purchase, which to me is like urban yamadori or finding an antique in someone's spring cleaning trash pile, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Top Bottom