Dinnerware for bonsai?

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yes. Cascade. I think it’s in a triangular, ceramic pencil holder
That one on center left looks like you could plant a tree and a companion plant in the same pot. Very, very cool.

Shinjuku

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Here’s a pot that I just bought today at a Goodwill Store for $1.10. It’s not quite a Sara Rayner, but I like it. I got a great pot and helped out a charity, so it’s a win-win!
7307CC30-E9C1-466E-A174-83A84F138205.jpeg
52AA6380-C545-4604-BAE4-3E6AEDEEAF8B.jpeg

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Here’s a pot that I just bought today at a Goodwill Store for $1.10. It’s not quite a Sara Rayner, but I like it. I got a great pot and helped out a charity, so it’s a win-win!
View attachment 217854
View attachment 217855
That is absolutely gorgeous. To my eye, at least, that encrustation on the outside just screams for a tree with a gnarly, rugged bark and trunk. Great find!

Shinjuku

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I bought these drill bits from Amazon, and I’m very happy with them:
https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Granite-Ceramic-Porcelain-Bathroom/dp/B00XAWU14U

Just take it low and slow, be patient, and it was really easy. Here’s a set of converted bonsai pots that I bought at Goodwill and drilled. Total cost for six pots: $9.58 plus about 30 minutes of drilling.

BEDCF5D7-134A-428D-9C56-3C35AE3A881E.jpeg

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I bought these drill bits from Amazon, and I’m very happy with them:
https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Granite-Ceramic-Porcelain-Bathroom/dp/B00XAWU14U

Just take it low and slow, be patient, and it was really easy. Here’s a set of converted bonsai pots that I bought at Goodwill and drilled. Total cost for six pots: $9.58 plus about 30 minutes of drilling.

View attachment 218580
Very nice indeed, especially lower left.

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I might have more correctly stated that I first saw a picture of the Hoover display in the Minnesota NPR article, and not implied that it was necessarily the same image Leo posted.
There are no doubt numerous images of the same exhibit making the rounds of the internet, and it was presumptuous of me to suggest that Leo’s post was of the same image I saw in the article without being sure that such was, indeed, the case.

Top Bottom