Diplodia blight

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Has anyone ever had to deal with the fungus Sphaeropsis sapinea or (diplodia) tip blight on any of their trees? I was doing some random surfing today on a forestry forum and came across this disease. Does anyone has any experience with it at all? It seems to favor many pine species that are used for bonsai; Austrian, Scotch, Mugo, Ponderosa, Red and White pines.

It may not be too much of an issue for us since we always strive to keep our trees as healthy as possible at all times, which reduces the risk of being infected by these nasties. I was just thinking if maybe it was possible to have been transfered unknowingly by a collected tree or nursery infected tree or something like that.

~Zach~

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
... I was just thinking if maybe it was possible to have been transfered unknowingly by a collected tree or nursery infected tree or something like that.

~Zach~

That's always a risk, Zach. Less so when you buy from someone you know to be reputable, but the risk is still there. That's why a period of quarantine is a very good idea!

Top Bottom