Here is Judy's piglet less refined, dirty south cousin. 3 years in the making. Year one I chopped the tree down while it was still in the ground. Year two I chopped it again from the new leaders it had grown and did some basic trunk selections leaving about 5 or so. Year three I dug up all around the base excavating the large roots but leaving the ends in the ground. I also cut the about a 5 inch section from the tap root. I then ringed the large roots close to the base and packed spaghnum moss around the roots. I then wrapped zip lock bags around the roots and buried it all back. This pre spring I gently dug the tree from the ground, so I didn't break any of the new roots.